(Closed) Alfred Angelo 2438 dress twin?!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 76
7 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone!

I know it’s been a while and this dress is a bit dated but I just bought it for my wedding in August 2019 and I’m totally in love with it! embarassed I got it in white.

Does anybody “still” have this gorgeous dress or any pics of alterations? I would like to have it fitted at the waist (similar to taylor91892 but a little less since I’m afraid not to be comfortable in it), to shorten the train a little and I am also hesitating about adding a little bit of lace or tulle on the décolleté as well…

Post # 77
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2019

View original reply
tulipe :  I’m so happy to see someone else on this old thread! I just bought this dress off-the-rack (as it’s discontinued now, obv!) but I’m having a hard time finding any information about it. I have to get some alterations done as it gave me major “back crack” but it did zip up. Another interesting detail… I didn’t realize this dress usually has a corset back? 

Im scared about the cost of getting the bottom hemmed. It’s super long for me and all of that intricate lace is going to be costly. Gulp.

Im getting married in august 2019 too! We are wedding date and dress twins!!

Post # 78
7 posts
Newbee

View original reply
okeedokie :  Wow, this is great!!! laughing I also really felt alone in the world!

Are you in the US? I am French and live in Germany and the seamstress of the shop where I bought it told me that it would cost 300€ (hemmed and shortened train + size fitted + bustle).

That is indeed interesting to hear that yours has a zip… and are you happy with it? Ironically, I actually prefer dresses with zip/buttons back, but I still hesitate because a corset allows the dress to fit perfectly even if you lose or gain weight untill the d-day (and also no back crack problem! haha)… My steamstress would charge 50€ for modifying the back to put buttons instead of the corset.

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo 2438 dress twin?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors