Alfred Angelo 8507

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
487 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@rach1331:  have you tried it on yet?  its a pretty dress.

Post # 5
487 posts
Helper bee

@rach1331:  Oh ok, gotcha!  Yea I see your point, it is hard to envision how it will feel on and what it will look like unless its your actual size.  I tried google but couldnt find pictures on there.  Good luck with everything!

Post # 6
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m looking for the same thing! Which is how I came across your post, through a google search of “Alfred Angelo 8507.” Can’t seem to find a picture except for the model. Gonna keep searching; I’ll letcha know if I find one! 

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

Hello! I saw your post. I have ordered and received my dress, Alfred Angelo 8507. I know it will need alterations, but here is a picture of me when I tried it on in the store (the 7th dress I tried on…!). I feel like it looked much better in the store (other than the missing buttons in the back, but it’s a floor sample!). I think I have lost a little weight and might need my dress tailored to a size smaller, as well. But the floor sample fit like a glove! I didn’t have any undergarnments or bra on.

I am also looking for other pictures of brides who have bought this dress…no luck. Hope this gives you an idea. Best of luck in finding the dress of your dreams!

Post # 8
9 posts
Newbee

Oh wow, that looks gorgeous!  Hope I can find one here in KY to try on.  Looks GREAT on you!  Just LOVE the back…Congrats!!

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee

Wow it looks gorgeous on you! The front looks so much nicer than in the sample photos omf the dress. May I ask what size is this dress? I normally wear size 2 but according to the charts and my hip size I might have to get size 8. Thanks!

Post # 10
3 posts
Wannabee

Here is the dress after the final fitting! I love my dress again!!!

He had to take it in from a size 4 to a size 2, and shorten the length. I went to Dr. Tailor. Ladies, when you get your dresses altered, DO NOT go to the salon for alterations if it is a chain retailer. Find a local seamstress. I literally saved hundreds of dollars. Dr. Tailor did the bustle, took up the length without compromising the lace border on the hem of the dress (a very complicated process with the beading at the knee), took up the straps, on the underneath layer, and took it in at the sides and at the buttons, all in three weeks time, for $375!!!! Alfred Angelo quoted me about $900 for all of that!!! I am also wearing a Go Bare strapless backless bra (in size Dirty Delete…a bra that actually works!) and Spanx high-waist shapewear. Here is the finished product:

Post # 11
90 posts
Worker bee

Gorgeous dress! I love it and it looks beautiful on you! Thanks for the tip on the strapless, backless bra, too!

Post # 12
Hostess
23620 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Beautiful dress!

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee

Hello ladies! 🙂 This is my wedding dress as well! I found the strapless backless bra to wear with it so I’m fine with that, but the spanx idea sounds like a good one too since it’s so form fitting. Which spanx didn’t show with this dress? I’m afraid I won’t be able to find the right pair with such an open low back. By the way thank you for posting these pictures of actual women wearing the dress. The model wearing it doesnt do the dress the justice it deserves! You all look stunning! 

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

NurseTiffers:  Hi! I bought this same dress and I would like to know, if it’s possible, the exact Spanx that you used. Thank you!!

Post # 14
1619 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

NurseTiffers:  Hi, loved your dress! Can I ask, is it heavily beaded?? I loved the style, but want a lot of beading on the lace and cannot see close up enough on the pictures to see how much beading it has.

Thank you!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors