(Closed) All Black Wedding Dress ??

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Would you wear a black wedding gown?
    Yes. I don't see anything wrong w/ it : (74 votes)
    34 %
    No. Give me my white dress! : (100 votes)
    46 %
    Maybe.. but not all black : (19 votes)
    9 %
    No. But I would love blash/blue : (24 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 32
    1936 posts
    Buzzing bee

I think it really depends on the personality of the bride. if black is really “her” then i’d tell her to go for it! But if it’s not realllllly her i would suggest maybe adding a black sash or something.

Post # 33
    424 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Didn’t Sarah Jessica Parker say that she regretted wearing a black wedding dress?

Post # 34
    5982 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

i tihnk it works as long as the wedding is not in the summer. it would be great for a fall/winter wedding!

Post # 35
    2949 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

*sigh* Why is it that on every thread about black wedding dresses, people always bring up Sarah Jessica Parker regretting hers? I understand that she is a well-known celebrity who wore one BUT she is also just one person out of many who has worn a black dress. And just because she regretted hers, does not mean other people will or do – in fact, check out Offbeat Bride for multiple posts about women who don’t regret not going the “traditional” route.

View original reply
    @Bebealways: I’d love to see that dress if you would like to PM me a picture of it or a link to it Smile

View original reply
    @BlondeBee:  There’s also an old saying that goes “Marry in the month of May, you will surely rue the day” – but that doesn’t stop a lot of people from getting married in May though. There’s also “Married in pink, your spirits will sink” which I guess doesn’t bode well for the blush-wearing brides.

Post # 36
    1412 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

I must say, I do love me a sexy black dress, but I don’t think “black” when considering my wedding day. I actually ordered an ivory dress with a black sash and alternating, black sequin buttons down the train and have decided to do away with both. I will definitely be customizing my dress to make it reflect my personal style and unique taste with color, but the black just didn’t feel right to me. I would, however, assume that if one is bold enough to seek out a black dress, one might be confident enough to stick by that decision and love the dress until they are old and grey.

Post # 37
    3229 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I just don’t see it although the black wedding dresses posted above are stunning.  I say make arrangements to dry them on so you feel it screams you for the day of your wedding.  

Post # 38
    4654 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @Miss Circe: 

Not to be a shill but Wedding Dress Fantasy is amazing to ogle if you like non-white wedding gowns with lots of drama!

Post # 39
    748 posts
    Busy bee

To each their own, I don’t see anything wrong with it – but I’m a white dress kind of girl, despite my swooning over golds, champagnes, blushes, and pinks…

Post # 40
    46 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I personally want a black wedding dress for myself. My main rule for my wedding since I wass a young girl has been no white/ivory. It’s always been set on black.

Post # 41
    297 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

she could totally wear a white dress for the ceremony to appease her parents and a fun black one for the reception!!!! i love the black dresses that are out there, but i could never do it myself. i’m super pumped to wear my  ivory gown!  

has she actually gone and tried on any of these gowns yet? maybe her parents will change their minds when they see her in one. or maybe she’ll change hers even…..

Post # 42
    297 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

just came across this online and thought of you…. Allure 2616

Post # 44
    2902 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

A black wedding dress will just look like an evening gown. If she wants that look then i say go for it. i wouldn’t as there are many chances to wear beautiful black dresses but only one real occasion to wear beautiful white dresses.

Post # 45
    732 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I personally love the idea of a black wedding gown, I actually had one picked out that I wanted, before i even tried it on I asked my Fiance what he thought of me wearing black. His response was ” it’s not a funeral” and my parents would have had a coniption if it was all black aswell. So to compremize, i got an ivory gown with black lace on the bodice, i think i made the right choice! 

Post # 46
    14 posts
    Newbee

I don’t see why not? 

Black is fucking sexy. It’s just a matter of finding it in a good material, so it doesn’t look like some 30 dollar last minute prom dress, and a good design so it doesn’t look like a goth moo moo. 

The topic ‘All Black Wedding Dress ??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors