(Closed) All June 2012 ex-brides, how are you all doing so far???

posted 6 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I had to jump right back into work and see patients again, definitely not as exciting as wedding talk!  I agree with getting back to the fun little things in life (hobbies, cooking, etc) gets things going again!

We’re also counting down to ttc… starting after my cycle in October, so cross your fingers for november for us!

I just got my preview and posted in recaps: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/6912-recap-pic-heavy   PLEASE post some of yours when you get them!  I hope you get them wicked soon!

Post # 4
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m so glad you started this! Hope to see more of the June ladies back.

For me, married life has been awesome! The honeymoon was a blast. Took it pretty easy over the summer and now I’m back at grad school. Glad to have the wedding done and get on with life. Now there’s a big wedding coming up in my family next year and I’m enjoying not being in the hot seat!

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee

I cant believe its over and done with!  i keep looking at my pictures and thinking, oh that was a good two days spent on the runner, or yay im glad I did this.. lol wedding planning was everything for about a year. Now, things are well boring.  I need to find a hobby!  But we are TTC so  we are excited for the next chapter.

Post # 6
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I was a little sad after the wedding. I had spent so much time wedding planning, that I suddenly had tons of free time with nothing to do. I also felt like I didn’t have a big event to look forward to. I’ve adjusted and have pursued some hobbies that I put on hold during the wedding planning. Darling Husband and I are also talking about TTC soon, so that’s exciting!

Post # 8
2697 posts
Sugar bee

I am still on the bee entirely too much!

After the honeymoon, I jumped right back into directing a show, so I didn’t really have down time then. I’m still trying to work up the energy to sell my wedding decorations, though.

Post # 9
2616 posts
Sugar bee

went from planning wedding to being in charge  of auction projects for three grades… doing two-three projects per grade..  not slowing down a bit. we had our housewarming party/sons birthday party last weekend as well. plus being at kids school 2 days of the week for volunteering opportunities

Post # 10
748 posts
Busy bee

My husband and I are doing really well! We actually found out a few weeks after the wedding that we are having a baby and have now gone into baby planning mode full force! I guess that’s both good and bad since I didn’t really have a chance to have wedding blues but it’s also a little bit stressful since this baby was a bit of a surprise. Anyway, we’re having a little girl and she’ll be born on January 26th. Sometimes life is a little crazy but that’s okay! 🙂

Post # 11
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I’m still suffering wedding withdraw but maybe because I don’t have anything to do. I quit my job when we got back from the honeymoon and never returned to work after the wedding at all. The honeymoon was the best vacation of my life and married life has been awesome but nothing has changed really, it was awesome pre wedding too. I had a baby shower for my sister and started my photography portfolio with her maturnity pictures and when she had her baby she let me in the room to capture the day in photos too! That’s been the best thing that’s happened since the honeymoon, watching my baby sister have her daughter was wonderful. My Darling Husband and I love being an aunt and uncle so much! We started looking for a house so we can have a baby of our own and my Darling Husband got a better job so all of this should happen sooner rather than later now! We are excited about the upcoming holidays too! 

Post # 12
2281 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m still on the Bee fairly regularly, though not nearly as much. I miss you June girls, so I was really glad when I saw this thread!

School is back in so I’m busy with teaching and research and service. I gave myself a real break over the summer, and with the exception of a few independent studies with students who truly needed them, I didn’t teach at all, and I put all my research on a shelf. Now it’s all back in full swing. I’m having an awesome semester so far, though, with great classes. My students are interested and active and fun. 

Darling Husband is about to lose his job, which sucks. Looks like the “for poorer” portion of our vows will be a reality for us in the next month or so. They tried to force him to move to an office in another city, commuting wasn’t a realistic option, and they were uninterested in the fact that he is dug in here. So he’s looking for a new job, without much luck so far. We’ll be okay for a  couple months if we live reasonably. Y’all pray that one of his applications turns into a job.

I had post-wedding blues a bit, but I’ve still had so much to do that I haven’t been able to grieve it too much. I’ve done nothing with the photos yet, except frame a couple of them. Is it weird that I still have stuff stashed in corners and still have stacks of photos lying around? I keep moving the card box, full of cards and bits of things from the wedding. I don’t know where to put it!

Take care, June Brides. See you around the Bee, I hope 🙂

ps: Wanted to share this frame. A SIL took the ribbons off her corsage and off the centerpieces I sent home with her to cover a frame for me. It was such a sweet surprise: 

Post # 13
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@ProfessorGirl:  Sorry, going to threadjack a bit, but say what a great present from your SIL – thanks for sharing!  I saved the ribbon from my bouquet and wasn’t sure what to do with it – this gives me a wonderful idea.

Very sorry to hear about your husband’s job – fingers crossed for a wonderful new position, sometime soon!

Post # 16
923 posts
Busy bee

Hi June ladies!

I’m back on the Bee after a pretty long absence (obviously!)  The wedding was wonderful, but the months after it have been tough.  DH and I moved to Texas and it took me a LONNNNGGGG time to adjust at all (I wrote a pretty weepy thread a while back about how much I hate it here).  The post-wedding blues and everything surrounding our circumstances (with Darling Husband getting laid off right before the wedding and having to move from Canada) made things tough, but I’m doing better now.  We finally tried to go on a belated Honeymoon this past week, but it was pretty much a disaster.  We’ll do a nice trip some time in the future to make up for it, but for now we have to wait.

It took me FOREVER to get my pro pics (my photog got married a couple weeks after we did, which led to obvious delays) but since I got them back I’ve been enjoying re-living it all.  I just posted a recap, so you should check it out, but here’s just one of Darling Husband and I.  🙂

I’m so excited for all you former June brides who are ttc/getting ready to ttc or are already preggo!  That’s so exciting!  Baby fever has hit me pretty hard, but I think we’re going to have to wait until next year.  It’s hard, because I just want us to be there already, but I’m trying to enjoy this time as just the two of us.

The topic ‘All June 2012 ex-brides, how are you all doing so far???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors