(Closed) All June 2012 ex-brides, how are you all doing so far???

posted 9 years ago in June 2012
Post # 17
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hello all you June brides! Hard to believe it’s been about 5 months since our weddings! I keep thinking back to this time last year, and everything that was going on. I’ve had a little bit of wedding blues, but we’ve been busy!

About 9 hours after coming back from our honeymoon, we moved into our new place! A bit of a refresher, DH moved back to our hometown about three weeks before the wedding. Then, for about 7 weeks, neither one of us were working (as a teacher, I was on summer break, and he was looking for a job). That was quite an adjustment, going from seeing each other for one weekend a month to 24/7…literally. However, DH found a job that started at the beginning of October.

I’ve had baby fever hitting. I just signed up for some disability coverage that will cover most of my salary while out, but we can’t get pregnant until after February 1st. I feel the jealousy starting to hit. My cousin and her husband are going to start trying in the new year, and selfishly, I want to be the first one to have a kid. After all, they got to have the first wedding. Plus…I don’t want to be hearing all the unsolicited advice. That’s for another post, though :-).

We’ve been enjoying the holiday season, though…that has been a good distraction :-). Also, after the 1st of the year, we are going to start the very early stages of house hunting! Our apartment lease isn’t up for a few months, but we’ve never bought a house before, so we’re trying to figure out how this process will work. That will be a good distraction from things!

Other than that…life is good!

Post # 18
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Hi June Bees!

Life has changed dramatically for DH and I since June 2nd. First of all, our wedding and honeymoon were both amazing! I had the tinyest amount of wedding withdrawal after, but mostly, I was glad to have it over with. I had 13 bridesmaids (he is one of 7 kids and I am one of 5, plus some friends). I was just over planning things with so many other people to consider.

A month after our wedding my job moved us from Boston to Omaha, NE. BIG LIFE CHANGE for us. Neither of us have ever lived outside of MA. Life out in the midwest is certainly different; however, it’s different in a good way. If we weren’t so close to our families-we’d never leave here. However, we find ourselves missing our families like crazy. My time out here (with my job) should not last more than 3 years-and then I hope to get back to MA.

Since MY JOB relocated us out here, DH had to quit his job. He had a great job back in MA-making great money. However, he knew I wanted to follow this career path and was on board with it from the beginning. Because he has such a skill set, everyone said it wouldn’t be a problem getting a job here…well…fast forward 7 months and he still doesn’t have a job. It’s been tough having to be the primary breadwinner in the family for now, especially since DH really WANTS to work-he hates sitting home. However, he DID have an awesome interview the Friday before Christmas, so we are hoping for good news after the new year! Please cross your fingers for us!

Other than that, we hope to get a BFP soon. As I stated at the beginning of this thread that we both come from big families and want to start our own asap. DH is 30 and I am 27, so hopefully this job will come through for DH! We would be ok financially with just my job, but we’d both feel so much better if he got a job as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The topic ‘All June 2012 ex-brides, how are you all doing so far???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors