Post # 17
Ahhh *breathes huge sigh of relief* I feel so much better after all of your input! I’m going to make sure I have a complete list of restaurants and options for people. I don’t want anybody feeling like they’re being left to starve. Although, I suppose if they really are starving, they can eat the snacks we’re putting in the Out of Town bags. Haha. I think we just need to keep it reasonable. Future Mother-In-Law already didn’t even want her parents to come (they are the only grandparents still living… I think they should be there). Anyway, again, thanks so much everyone!!
Post # 18
Yeah, we are in the same boat, where pretty much everyone (including us) is Out of Town. We are only inviting rehearsal participants and family (all family) which makes it 42 people. The guest hotel is smackdab in the middle of town so they will have plenty of options and probably appreciate a little time to explore the town anyway.
We are hoping to have people meet up with us after dinner at a sports bar or something (the local bowling alley is all booked up, DARN!), so we get to see them before the big day.
Post # 19
same problem, only it isnt etiquette that is dictating we invite every oot guest… it’s the host of the Rehearsal Dinner, the Future In-Laws. without the "extra" guests it’s 25 people which is small & intimate… add in the oot guests (99% of guests) and you’re up to 200, the size of the wedding!!. my mom is worried the Future In-Laws will be too into entertaining their distant family they wont even talk to my parents at the Rehearsal Dinner. i think most people know the RD is for those rehearsing… and the only intimate time for just the bp & fam to hang out together. Rehearsal Dinner has been one of the most stressful wedding planning things in my opinion. mostly bc i cant control much about it, and even my strong willed Fiance is having a hard time steering the Father-In-Law in.
Post # 20
We invited people who were traveling from a distance (i.e. from abroad). Other out of town guests wouldn’t have needed to arrive until the day of the wedding since our ceremony started in the afternoon (which is why we chose the time of day, to allow family and friend adequate travel time).
Post # 21
I had a similar situation (but a much smaller wedding). We had 70 people at our wedding and about 60 were out of town. Our rehearsal dinner was the wedding party and family, which was about 30 people. I couldn’t afford to invite all of our Out of Town guests, so we invited them all to “meet up” with us after the rehearsal dinner for drinks. This actually worked out perfectly.
Post # 22
We’re planning something similar to missvintage. We’re having a small rehearsal dinner with just the families/wedding party then inviting all of the guests (ALL because 90% are Out of Town, and I feel bad not inviting the other 10%, too!) to a campfire night to make s’mores and hang out. We don’t live locally to where we are having the wedding, but it is where I grew up – so it makes sense for us to invite the few locals, too, as I don’t see them much either!