(Closed) All Teacher July 2010 Brides!

posted 9 years ago in July 2010
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee

My fiance and I are both teachers as well, the summer was pretty much the only time that made sense. We got engaged in January and wanted to get married this summer, so June felt too soon, August too late, and July was perfect. Our timeline revolved around all of the July birthdays in my family. It’s the perfect situation if you get out in June (like next week ๐Ÿ™‚ and have that remaining time to relax. I would recommend NOT getting a summer job in that time period and simply taking the opportunity to plan plan plan. The holiday breaks will probably be invaluable as well for site visits, etc. Yay teachers!

Post # 4
6 posts
Newbee

My Fiance and I  are both teachers! We were engaged in December of 07 and are getting married in 16 days!!!!!!!  I am done with school in 2 hours and my Fiance is already DONE!!!!!  I did alot of planning last summer and I will finish up with the wedding details in the next 2 weeks.  We then are going to Antigua for a week!!!!!  I have always dreamed of a winter wedding, but doesn’t make sense when we have 3 months off!!!!!!  Good Luck to all the "teacher brides" and have a wonderful summer!!!!!

Post # 5
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

You girls are so lucky to have teacher husbands!  My beau is already worried about all of the summers that I will have off, and he will have to work.  He does not get a lot of time off at all – two weeks and that includes sick days.  I keep telling him that he can’t get sick for the next year so that we can have some time off after the wedding!

Post # 8
26 posts
Newbee

I am getting married in July 2010, and I’ll be starting teacher’s college in September! So I am almost a teacher.

Post # 9
732 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - The Tower Club

Another one here! We’re both teachers, but FH teaches college so sometimes he works in the summer (summer courses). I am also trying to get as much done this summer as possible!

Post # 10
37 posts
Newbee

i’m a teacher and a july 2010 bride ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s definitely the perfect timing between school years~!

Post # 11
151 posts
Blushing bee

I love all these teacher brides!!  I too am getting married next July and feel so overwhelmed that there is not enough time to get eveything planned before school starts in Aug. I live in Southern Va.  Plus, I am planning my wedding for 800 miles away where my family lives… EEEKKKKK

Post # 12
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

I’m not a 2010 bride (already married), but my hubby and I are both teachers too! Just wanted to drop by and say CONGRATS and HAPPY PLANNING! We couldn’t wait until summer so we got married over winter break and took the first week off of school to honeymoon. No regrets. ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 13
1956 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

I’m a teacher but I’m a June 2010 bride…close enough, right? Since I’m starting at a new school in the fall, I want to try and get as much done as I can this summer (but it’s already July, ack!)…So much planning to do, gotta love summer vacation, all my friends are jealous, ha!

Post # 14
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m a teacher but I’m getting married in MAY!!!! Gasp! The audacity! We are getting married on the friday of Memorial Day weekend and as of now, I still plan to take my honeymoon right after!  But things could change, we might do a mini-moon and have a real one in the summer! We won’t live together until we’re married (I’m 22, he’s 23 and we are both in the church) so I’m not going down without SOME sort of honeymoon…. We both agree on that! ๐Ÿ˜‰

As for my planning timeline, we’ve been engaged for 2.5 yrs so we have more already done than most 10 month away brides.

Post # 15
80 posts
Worker bee

I’m not a teacher, but my Fiance is.. that’s why we chose July.. so that we’d have some time where he would be off before the wedding to get the last minute details done (he’s very helpful) and enough time after the wedding to go on a nice long honeymoon and then return life to normal.

Post # 16
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2007

I’m a teacher and a July bride. In fact, July 4th, so I am excited that today, for the first time, I can say it is LESS THAN A YEAR to our wedding!!! YAY! Of course, that is kind of scary too since we have next to nothing planned (just a venue and a photographer). I agree with the other brides on here that I am planning on using this summer to get most of my details done and sewn up…iGood luck ladies!!

The topic ‘All Teacher July 2010 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors