(Closed) ALL THE 2013 BRIDES WHERE YOU AT??? DID YOU START ANY OF YOUR PLANNING YET ?/???

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I got engaged over the summer and my wedding is also May 2013.  I first started by discussing a budget with my Fiance and then research venues.  I’ve been contacting and visiting venues for the past few months, and we’re very close on choosing a venue.  So now, I’ve moved on to researching photographers, videographers, makeup/hair and flowers.

Good luck!

Post # 4
1586 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I got engaged a few months ago for my wedding in January 2013… i did start planning right away because my dream photographer books up like nobodys buisness and well… we’re going to mexico to tie the knot so we wanted to allow our family and friends time to save

Post # 5
532 posts
Busy bee

I got engaged back in April of this year (tell me about a long engagement) and also have plans – for May 17, 2013!

I’ve already booked my ceremony location/reception hall which includes the caterers. I’m currently in the progress of feeling out the general pricing of Djs and photographers before making appointments to meet with my top handful of choices. 

I live in NY though, and let me tell you – things book quick! 

Post # 6
515 posts
Busy bee

I originally picked August 2013, but now it’s looking like it’s going to be January 2013. I’m not doing the planning myself, really. 2 of my sisters, my mom, and Future Mother-In-Law are taking care of it because I’m stationed overseas. I have found a dress and picked a venue and colors, but they’ll be taking care of pretty much everything. We’re from a small town so we don’t have to worry too much about finding available vendors.

Post # 7
1335 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Kempinski San Lawrenz, Gozo

*waves* hi!!! I’ve been engaged for ages lol, September 2011. We’re getting married in July 2013. I’m so happy I can finally say “we’re getting married next year” ๐Ÿ˜€

So far we’ve booked the church, venue, photographer and wedding organiser. With those out of the way, everything else is pretty much slow-paced.

Good luck bees! xxx

Post # 8
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I got engaged a few months ago, and Fiance and I are planning for November 2013 due to grad school.  I had started by looking for venues in the area, but after feeling very overwhelmed by the massive amounts of details that go into selecting vendors, dealing with negotiations/contracts/etc. I just decided to hire a wedding planner.  Now she is the one taking care of all that for me! ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 9
1925 posts
Buzzing bee

I got engaged October 2011, and we’re getting married May 2013!  I’ve done a bit of the planning: We’ve asked the bridal party, picked colors, and I’ve bought my dress!  Still haven’t picked a venue and we’re waiting on my in-laws to tell us how much they’re contributing (they recently generously offered to help but told us they’d give us a figure later) to figure out the venue.  I did a lot of planning over winter break because my Fiance and I are in grad school.  I go back to school tomorrow, so I probably won’t find time to plan until summer!

Post # 10
893 posts
Busy bee

@Ms.GoodEarth:  Hello date and location twin!

Post # 11
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I got engaged at the end of October and my wedding is January 26, 2013. Yay, almost a year away! So far we have booked the reception venue and the caterer. We know where we want to have the ceremony, we just to have set up a time to meet with them. As of right now, I am kind of torn between two different photographers and researching lighting companies, and day of coordinators. 

I am so excited for all you girls, happy planning! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
515 posts
Busy bee

@Ms.GoodEarth: I’m so glad I’m not the only one with a dress already haha

Post # 13
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We are planning a Destination Wedding on the beach in Hawaii in Feb 2013. When we were home for Christmas, I went dress shopping with my sisters, mom and nieces. We picked out the bridal party dresses and I am 99% sure I chose my dress. I started our guest list, designe dthe STD magnets, and have a few ceremony/reception sites picked out. I am leaning toward the Auluni Disney Resort, I just need to figure it into the budget after we get a preliminary head count on the guests. I pretty much know what I envision our special day to be, I just need to narrow down what vendors to get everything from. Any suggestions on O’ahu weddings would be great appreciated. I wouldn’t mind making a new wedding planning bff ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’ve been engaged since November of 2010 and yes, most of our planning is pretty much done or thought out! ๐Ÿ™‚ It might be the impulsive nature in me because I am a fine artist and I just love piecing things together and scouting things out–it really is something I enjoy and love to do in my free time or when I need to de-stress.

As for the main things: I just recently picked up my handmade wedding dress, got my shoes and garters last year, we’re booking a photographer hopefully soon this year and choosing a venue to put a down payment on. There is still much to do, but we desire to have a small and intimate event since our families are pretty small (considering who we are close to). We’re just doing things one thing at a time, and it is nice to just enjoy this chapter in life of being engaged without stressing too much.

I still can’t believe we can say we’re getting married NEXT year! Congratulations, Bees! 2013 is surely on it’s way!…

Post # 16
13248 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

We got engaged in October and I starting planning basically right away because I was so excited!   I booked my dream venue, because it was already booking in 2013 when I started looking 18 months out from my date!  We have booked the venue, and are now working on tastings with caterers and looking at photographers.  I’m in DC, so, like NY, everything books up soooo fast! 

Good luck ladies!

The topic ‘ALL THE 2013 BRIDES WHERE YOU AT??? DID YOU START ANY OF YOUR PLANNING YET ?/???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors