Allure 2455 – Real Brides?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Does this dress (pictured above) have a silky slip-like dress with spaghetti straps under the lace?

Just curious because I may have tried this one on today…

Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have no photos but I did try this dress on in the store and it is BEAUTIFUL… it is the only traditional wedding dress that I am considering. Although the woman in the photos is pretty, uh, curvy, it worked really well on my frame as well (much less curvy!)

Post # 6
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am in the same boat! I ordered it in December, but don’t have any pictures because I couldn’t take any in the bridal salon. And I’ve kind of forgotten how it looked on … I just remember loving it. 

Anyway, the only real photos I have been able to find are from this wedding on Style Me Pretty.

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

I recently ordered this dress – I have pictures! Email me @ [email protected] and I will send them to you!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

I ordered this dress a few weeks ago! I cannot wait to wear it on my wedding day. I also do not have any photos so I know how you feel πŸ™‚ 

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

@Floating Elephy:  FWIW, I’m 99% sure that the dress in that Style me Pretty post is actually Allure 8764. They don’t show any pics of her close up, from the front…but that’s the main difference in the two styles (the cut in the front, above the chest). #2455 is more of a v-neck cut, with a lot more material, while 8764 is very open.

I’m also a 2455 girl, so I’ll try to post some pics in the next few days to help other brides. I’ve been desperately trying to find a real bride in my dress as well, with no luck!

Post # 10
222 posts
Helper bee

@ej33: you’re totally right. she has her hair covering the floraly stuff that usually helps me distinguish between the two! I’ll go by the key hole back shape from now on…

Post # 11
26 posts
Newbee

Ooo I want to see it on a real bride too!!  I am going to order it on Monday.  It is way more than I want to spend, but it was the only dress I put on that everyone said, “That’s the one!”  So much for a frugal wedding dress πŸ˜‰

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi Girls!
So im in LOVE with both the 8764 and the 2455, I did try on the 8764 for a brief second (the sales person was strongly pushing another dress).

I wanted to ask your opinions of the whole slip dress – do you feel that it shows a lot of bumps and curves, or does the overlay smooth everything down? A lot of the dresses I tried on were very structured and fitted, so the slip worries me, but these dresses look exactly like I wanted my dress to look.

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

First post! I’ve ordered this dress as well, this is the sample on me though, I haven’t got any pictures of the fittings yet, but actually it looks more or less the same! Mine comes with a sash as well. The colour of this one is the cafe option (but it just looks ivory to me!)

My sister took the picture so you can see the keyhole at the back too!

Post # 14
222 posts
Helper bee

@fishandchips:  YAY! YAY! YAY! Finally! Le sigh, it’s so pretty! You look fantastic. I can’t wait for my fitting in August. 

Thank you so much for sharing πŸ™‚

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Hello ladies,

I am hunting far and wide for this dress. None of you know where I can buy it in the UK do you? 

It’s the most beautiful thing i’ve ever seen but I live in the Middle East and haven’t been able to find somewhere that stocks it!

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

hi I’m in the UK and I got mine in Cambridge at the Tailors Cat so that might be a good place to try?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors