(Closed) Allure 2455

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I actually lengthened the sleeves on mine, to the elbow. My seamstress removed the entire cap sleeve at the seam and constructed entirely different ones from the extra lace I purchased when I ordered the gown.

I had a fitting with the sleeves removed, and it seems like it could work, depending on how the edge is finished. Just keep in mind that it may get difficult because the seam is right there, it could potientially look a little awkward to have the line of the seam and then a tiny bit of shaped lace.  If you want to experiment, fold the lace under until just the edge pokes out to get a look. And DEFINITELY use an experienced seamstress and respect her opinion.

FYI- At my seamstress’ recommendation, I had cups sewn into the silky liner instead of wearing a bra- and I’m so glad I did, I was so much more comfortable and had complete freedom of motion, versus wearing a longline bra. It looked awesome! If you’re in NYC I can forward you her info, she’s fabulous!

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi, I need to bout some extra lace to close up the key hole and I need it quite urgeLý since my wedding is coming on September 28th. Do you happen to have any extra lace left that I can buy? Thanks so much!!

The topic ‘Allure 2455’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors