(Closed) Allure 2558 on a plus size bride… Honest opinions?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 16
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - Old Mill Boathouse

The back of that dress is amazing! Holy beautiful!

Post # 17
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

i think it looks perfect on you! i honestly didn’t read your post, just looked at your pictures, and then saw that you were insecure about your arms… well i was just looking at the beautiful neckline of the dress, your waist, and didn’t look at your arms more than any run of the mill arms lol. nothing to feel insecure about! 🙂

Post # 18
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I think the issue with your arms in this one is the neckline and shoulders. I think the maggie sottero was the best,followed by the oleg. It seems like you continued dress shopping after you bought this one because you knew there were better options out there. My opinion is sell this one, and go with one of the other two. 

Post # 19
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I think this is my favorite dress on you out of all the dresses that you have posted.  The neck line is more flattering than the illusion necklines were.  Also the 3/4 sleeve on the other dress stopped at your waistline so it drew the eye there.   This dress seems to fit you better and the back of it is just stunning.  My second favorite on you was the MS Lorie.  But this Allure dress blows it away.  

Post # 20
117 posts
Blushing bee

From all the dress picture you posted I love the Maggie Sottero Lorie and the Bonny Bridals 1401 the most. But this dress is beautiful too and I am sure everyone will have a different opinion so the most important is that you feel beautiful in your dress. And you arms look good in the dress! I think you’ll be a beautiful bride 🙂

Post # 21
110 posts
Blushing bee

I think you look beautiful in all of the dresses you posted but I think you have to decide what is the best dress for you. What dress makes you feel the most comfortable and beautiful? 

If you love the way this one flows at the bottom then why not this one? Whichver dress you pick make sure you feel comfortable and love it!  You will look amazing in any of the three dresses 

Post # 22
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I much preferred the first on you I think the sleaves looked great and didn’t attract attention to arms in any bad way I think because is light mesh and lace. This is still a beautiful dress it seems a little small at the middle the original smoothed out better honestly but I’m guessing its before alterations but my honest opinion is it isn’t as flattering I agree the skirt and lace are lovely.

But that off the shoulder lace sleaved ‘dream’ dress is to die for  to and if you are having second thoughts on your first beautiful gown that would be worth the wait or possibly alter the first to make the sleaves off shoulder.

Post # 23
2842 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Mrs.Vanilla:  You look great. I don’t think it’s a requirement to have toned arms for this dress, since everyone will be looking at the lovely lace and your face.

I do think you should lower the neckline a bit more to show off your chest more (this will also help the arm thing). And poof out the skirt more so it’s more like the model photo.

Post # 24
498 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I like it. I love the back! 

Post # 25
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

The shape, skirt, and bodice are really nice but I’m not a fan of how wide the straps are on your shoulders, I just don’t think it’s flattering, I would open up the neckline and make the straps thinner 

Post # 26
640 posts
Busy bee

I had to go back and look at your other dresses because I didn’t comment on your other thread.  Honestly, I like the Lorie the best with this a close second.  There’s something about the all lace Lorie that was more flattering than the other dresses.  I really like this dress on you too, however, and I didn’t even look at your arms until you mentioned that you were self conscious about them.

The topic ‘Allure 2558 on a plus size bride… Honest opinions?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors