(Closed) Allure 8634 on brides with -ahem- a bit of a rack?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Honey, you can do amazing things with alterations!  You just have to make sure that you order a dress big enough to fit your chest, and that you are prepared to pay for alterations that would take the dress in everywhere else.  Such a terrible problem to have.  :o) 

Post # 5
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am watching for this dress used, and I have seen a variety of women wearing it that way. There was one who’d had some lace put in the V so that it wasn’t as deep, and you couldn’t tell at all.

Post # 7
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We can hope! I have seen it twice for $600. One had the tiniest of tears in an underlayer of crinoline, which I have seen on other dresses sell for much more! The other one she’d had a lot of alterations on, including removing the train. I am seeing more in the $700 range, though, so I hope it continues to drop.

Post # 8
529 posts
Busy bee

I’m a Dirty Delete and I tried it on…I would say it depends on how modest you want to be. This might be Too Much Information…but my girls are um, far apart? So you basically only saw the middle sides. Since I am having a church wedding, I would add a lace inset, just to make me more comfortable, but the dress was beautiful and very flattering. The store where I tried it on charged $719.

Good luck!

Post # 10
256 posts
Helper bee

i wonder could a i pull off this dress? im only 5’1…and i do have “a bit of a rack” as you sayTongue out dd here too!

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I actually tried on a dress extremely similar to this and I’m a Dirty Delete. I too LOVED the dress, but felt uncomfortable because I felt as if I bent down to hug anyone they would get more than they bargained for! it ended up being a lot of cleavage. the only option they gave me was to sew in a “modesty” patch thing – and that would just ruin the look.

Post # 13
1001 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I tried on that exact dress and I’m a 34D, and it was completely obscene.  The lady at the salon said they could stitch up the cleavage a bit.

I wish I had a pic, but it was one of those places that wouldn’t let you.

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I may be able to help!  I am a size D  and I am wearing this dress in 15 days at my wedding.  I feel your pain about topheaviness.  But I feel like I am well-supported in this dress.  this picture is before atlerations and I’ve also lost about 10 lbs since this shot.  I hope this helps!!!Good luck (:

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I wore this dress even though I’m a Dirty Delete, I felt really confident in it. I had a modesty panel put in and it helped a bit (but not that much lol!) The panel that was put in was not what I had in mind but it was too late to get it fixed so I dealt and I’m still happy with how I looked in it.    

The topic ‘Allure 8634 on brides with -ahem- a bit of a rack?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors