(Closed) Allure 8705 Pros/Cons

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2634 posts
Sugar bee

Wow – I don’t have that dress, but it sure is beautiful!!!

Post # 4
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I don’t have this particular gown, but I did buy a strapless allure gown and it had a built in bra fastening with about a million hook and eye clips under the zipper- so I won’t have any trouble with it staying up!  I actually really love the look of it, I wish I had seen this one when I was trying on dresses…

Post # 5
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

The description says it’s organza, not tulle – so I don’t think itching would be a problem. Unless there’s a tulle underskirting (?? otherwise I’m not sure what tulle you’re referring to).

Post # 6
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have to agree with @SanDiegoAli, I can see any cons with this dress. I think it is beautiful. I love that it manages to be a very pretty dress yet still very unique. Seriously stunning dress

Post # 7
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I tried this dress on and ordered it yesterday! I’ve probably tried on 100 dresses and I was sold on this one….its very romantic and whimsical looking, especially in ivory. It’s not itchy or heavy at all, very easy to move around in.

Post # 8
1602 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

oh i loooove this dress. it’s one of my top contenders!

Post # 9
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

oh i forgot to mention, it doesn’t have any tulle, the bottom is all organza so its very flowing and not at all itchy. Also, there isn’t a built in bra or corset which I liked because i’ve found those can be quite annoying. Once it comes in I’m going to have the seamstress make it a sweetheart neckline and lower the back a bit like a lot of the other allure dresses. I’m also going to subsitute every other third button for a crystal to bring out the crystals in the flower on the side. This dress is soooooo pretty! One of the reeasons I bought it is because I want to wear a birdcage veil and needed a dress that didn’t have too much beadwork going on to take away from the overall affect.

Post # 10
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I adore this dress!! I’m kind of obsessed with ruffles…  Does anyone have photos of themselves in it?  It’s my front-runner, but I’d love to see it on a real bride.

Post # 12
988 posts
Busy bee

This is my wedding dress!!! Never would have thought I would go for a dress like this but I tried it on and it fits amazing!!! I cant wait to wear it!

Post # 14
144 posts
Blushing bee

This is my wedding dress too and I absolutely love it!  I have a few pictures with it on that I can upload if anyone wants to see it.  I got mine in ivory. 

Post # 15
988 posts
Busy bee

clody can i see your pics? 🙂 I havnt seen it on a real person other than me!

Post # 16
144 posts
Blushing bee

Jenny…here is a picture of me in my dress!  Is anyone that is wearing this dress, wearing a veil?  I couldn’t find one that looked good with it so I ordered that thing (sorry for my terminology, I can’t think right now) in my hair.   But now that I am looking at it, it looks rather large!  YIKES! 

The topic ‘Allure 8705 Pros/Cons’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors