(Closed) Allure 8800 for my body type

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What should I do?
    Call the boutique, beg to apply deposit to different dress. : (17 votes)
    40 %
    Rock the dress! : (26 votes)
    60 %
  • Post # 3
    2335 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I think you should go back and try the dress on before you cancel the order.  You loved that gown on for a reason, remind yourself why.  I’m the same bust size and strapless was (suprisingly) the most flattering- straps only called attention to the ladies.  Once the dress is properly fitted to you, you won’t have to worry about pulling it up.  See if they can add boning into the dress, that will help a LOT and you won’t have to worry about a strapless bra.

FWIW, I’m the same height and have similiar hourglass figure.  I ended up choosing a ballgown but I love wearing sheath dresses to my job.  I think they are sexy and flattering on my shape.  Your wedding gown is probably great, just go try it on again.

Post # 5
    2286 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: Central Park

I think you could find a more flattering cut. 

Post # 7
    183 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I honestly think this looks amazing on you! If it makes you feel beautiful, it’s the right dress!!!

Post # 8
    39 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Long story short I fell in love with a dress that didn’t flatter my shape.  I went to my bridal boutique three different time to try this dress on and every time I did, I became more and more in love with it. Oddly enough, I was always dissatisfied when I saw myself in pictures. The angle of the picture didn’t matter, hair up or down, with a veil or without, I didn’t like the pictures.  I quickly realized that as much as I loved the dress, it just didn’t do me justice.  And the worst thing that I could imagine was forcing it, getting my wedding pictures back and feeling the same level of disappointment.  Dress shopping was hard and not really enjoyable after this, but fortunately I had a long engagement that allowed me to wait for the right dress to pop up.

I agree that you should try the dress on again and see how you feel. But if there’s any level of hesitation then I say move on. Hope this helps

Post # 9
    1249 posts
    Bumble bee

I think it looks lovely! I understand what you’re thinking is. I’m similar shaped/sized and probably could hve bought a more flattering dress, but honestly, you rocking the dress will make it flattering, if you know what I mean. What I would caution, is if you feel uncomfortable in it, like you’re you’re going to be worried about sucking in your stomach (like I am in some clothes), or standing in a way that is more flattering, I’d reconsider. I know when I wear illfitting clothes or clothes I’m conscious in, I’m aware of it all day. On your wedding day, I think you should feel confident, beautiful, etc…so it really depends if you feel that way in this dress or not (and I think that has nothing to do with the dress, but how it makes you feel!) Hope this made sense ahahah.

Post # 11
    183 posts
    Blushing bee

@MelBel:  I think you’ll feel amazing on your wedding day in this! It’s a beautiful dress , and you’re going to ROCK it!!!

Post # 12
    669 posts
    Busy bee

I actually think once the dress is in your size it will be very flattering.  I sometimes think a straighter dress is more flattering than a “poufy” skirt because it doesn’t add width.  It’s beautiful on you. If you feel self conscious, spanx is a beautiful thing.  🙂

Post # 13
    1292 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

This is one of my all-time favorite dresses!!

Post # 14
    6019 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2017

I think that once its in the right size it will look lovely on you. I think that its not as flattering because its too small (sample size) but once its tailored to fit you and lay properly Ithink its going to be gorgeous on you!

Post # 15
    474 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

The dress is beautiful and I think you look great in it !!!  I too am a size 16, and you need to remember that the one you tried on is not your size. I think once you have the correct size you will fall in love all over again.  Be proud of your curves and flaunt it !

Post # 16
    5220 posts
    Bee Keeper

@MelBel:  I love this dress. My sister just bought it for her upcoming June wedding, and it is STUNNING on. I will see if I can find a pic of hers that doesn’t show her face and post it so you can see it on a real bride….

The topic ‘Allure 8800 for my body type’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors