Allure 8800

posted 6 years ago in Accessories
Post # 4
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

I loved this dress!! ummm what about tan dresses with ivory sashes and champagne bouquets??

this is by alfred angelo i think…. but you could do diff.color sash too!

Post # 5
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I bought the allure 8870 in ivory/cafe and my wedding colors are deep purple and charcoal grey….the charcoal grey looks really good with it but my dress has lots of sparkle so it might help with the colors looking good together!

Post # 8
1217 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’m wearing this dress in ivory/cafe/silver too! I tried on a lot of veils, I think the fingertip-length veils look best. I’m torn between a veil with beadling along the edge, or a simple veil. The beaded veils looked beautiful, but they could take away from your dress and jewelry. Has anyone decided on a veil with this dress yet?

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I have only seen this dress online, and love it!  Although I can’t find pricing anywhere, I have not gone dress shopping in a store yet.  What is the average price of this dress?

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I am wearing this dress too! What did you/are you doing about undergarments?  The only backless corsets I have been able to find only go to my belly button and I want one that goes to my hips.  Any suggestions?

My bridesmaids are also wearing a bright royal blue- horizon at David’s bridal

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee

When I tried it on, the sales lady said that I would need to get a special bra/undergarmet made so that it would be able to go low enough

Post # 13
1217 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’m having cups sewn in, not worrying about wearing a corset – I want to be as comfortable as possible haha. I love the charmeuse slip too, it’s sooo soft!!

My bridesmaids are wearing mismatched dresses in shades of blush and mauve. THere are too many of them for me to buy all their dresses, so I was hoping they could pick out dresses they may actually wear again. We’ll see 🙂

My biggest dilemma right now is what shoes and  veil to wear – I was thinking silver or blush Badgley Mischka Randalls, with a fingertip-length simple veil – what are you wearing??

Post # 14
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Absolutely beautiful! 

@mrshokie:  My Allure 8751 is cut similarly in the front and back as this one.  I just bought a chicken cutlet style of bra from VS.  I liked it because, I choose the amount of cleavage I want.  I can move the cutlets around and figure out how I want my breasts to look!

Post # 15
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I love the Allure 8800 and I have tried it on in the cafe color.  I have found a not ever used sample for sale for half the price in Ivory.  I’m having trouble deciding if buying it in the Ivory when I love the cafe is worth the price cut.  Has anyone out there seen this in both colors? I havent and need input.

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I just purchased my 8800 today in the Ivory over Cafe.. We’re going with light grey tuxes from Anderson’s formal which can be seen at this website:

http://www.andersonsformalwear.com/product/tux-styles/1/grey/21

We’re having 7 bridesmaids, and having them alternate Alfred Angelo dresses in the colors “Eggplant” and “Victorian Lilac”.. The groomsmen will all be wearing the same vest because we found a vest that goes very well with both of the colors. Its on this page labeled as “Heather Retro #943″ towards the bottom:

http://www.andersonsformalwear.com/product/color-coordinator/2/purple-lavender/9

I tried on the dress and stood next to a mannequin wearing the light grey tux and it looked really great with the dress, but unfortunately I didnt get pictures. My future hubby is going to wear an ivory shirt, grey vest, and grey tie to set him apart from the groomsmen. The vest color that we chose can be found on this page, at the center of the bottom row labeled as “Silver Retro #937”:

http://www.andersonsformalwear.com/product/color-coordinator/2/silver-charcoal/14

We decided to go with the grey vest and tie instead of ivory because we struggled finding an ivory vest and tie that matched the colors of my dress. I also decided on a plain, chapel length veil. The length gives it elegance, and since there is so much going on with the lace and beading on the dress, a plain veil complements it very nicely.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors