(Closed) Allure 8862

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 212
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hello gorgeous Allure 8862 bees! This is the most beautiful dress and I can’t wait to wear it!!! We are getting married in the Mayan Riviera next October and I have seen some beautiful pictures of this dress on other beach brides!  I will be adding a thin belt to the dress with the applique still remaining… just wanted a touch more sparkle! 😉

Here is the belt: http://www.etsy.com/listing/106139909/brie-braided-rhinestone-bridal?ref=sr_gallery_42&ga_search_query=wedding+belts+and+sashes&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=handmade/weddingswedding+belts+and+sashes

Wishing you all of the best for your big days!!!

Post # 213
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

What accesories are you all going with??

Post # 214
40 posts
Newbee

Question for all you 8862 bees! I noticed a lot of you chose to “remove the jewel and add a belt”… Doesn’t that just turn into dress 2453 (shown below)? They look pretty much the same to me… Am I missing something here? Is it a price difference?

Just asking because I want to buy one of these two dresses myself but noticed NO ONE posted pics of 2453 …??

Post # 215
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@candybee:  After looking closely at the photos, I think the ruffles are slightly different on the Allure 2453 – though still VERY similar. Does anyone else agree that they are in fact different or is that just the way the model is positioned? I haven’t seen them side by side in person to compare. 🙂   

I think the Allure 8862 has received more publicity than Allure 2453 (like appearing on a magazine cover), for whatever reason, so I think that’s why you see 8862 a lot more than you see 2453. I think both of them are gorgeous dresses though! If you like 8862, I think you’d like 2453 too.

Post # 216
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@candybee:  Beyond the difference in the top, the skirt looks different.  The layers are a little oddly short (in my opinion!) on the 2453.  I like the flow of the layers on the 8862 more.

Post # 217
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My dress finally came in and I’m not going to change a thing…besides a little tuck and stitch needed. LOVE IT!!! Can’t wait to get married!!!

Post # 218
332 posts
Helper bee

@OceanRomanceBride:  So pretty!!  Every time I see the dress I can’t wait to wear it!!

Post # 219
1 posts
Wannabee

Post # 243
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I have a brand new Allure 8862 for sale!!

Size 8, ivory. Ended up changing my dress.

$900 OBO, I can ship it (cost to be negotiated). It’s located in the Toronto area.

alanna_backx (at) hotmail (dot) com

cheers

Post # 244
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Allure 8862 dress with a corset back! I loved having the corset, allowed for a perfect fit 🙂 the buttons were very pretty too though!

Post # 220
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Hi Ladies, 

I know I’m super late on this thread, but I wanted to know how your bustles look in this dress. 

I just bought this dress for my upcoming wedding,..and wanted a good idea of options,

Thanks!

Post # 245
81 posts
Worker bee

Sorry to revive an old old thread, but does anyone know if this dress is still avialable in stores?

I always come back to this dress, I love it SO much! But then I see it came out in 2011/2012 and I am worried stores won’t carry it anymore! Has anyone seen this dress recently?

Or will my best bet be to buy it used online?

Post # 223
1 posts
Wannabee

KBraymer I’m not sure where you live but I just tried this dress on in BC Canada! I am going to be trying it on again this weekend and maybe purchasing the sample so perhaps that means its going to be discontinued? She offered to let me buy the sample right away so that doesn’t bode well for future orders..? 

The topic ‘Allure 8862’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors