(Closed) Allure 8862

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 77
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@nycbrde2011:  I’ve only thought about it a TINY bit – I want to see if my mom has her jewlery from when she got married, and that can be my something borrowed, maybe… if it goes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 78
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Ordered mine last November, it just came in!  It’s got such pretty detail work that I chose accessories that picked up on that:

Teardrop Earrings

http://www.thomaslaine.com/collection/bridal-jewelry/earrings/kenneth_jay_lane_-_crystal_teardrop_earring/products_id/34/cPath/1_53

and

Badgley Mischka pumps Lissa seafoam pumps (maybe…if I can actually find them somewhere in my size):

http://www.myglassslipper.com/wedding-shoes/badgley-mischka/lissa-seafoam-6989

Ordered my veil today–I went something kind of like this but with beading on the hairpiece/barrette thingy. 

http://www.veilshop.com/12020_bridal_wedding_veil_shoulder_length.html

Kind of a 90’s look but everything else just didn’t work with this dress.  This type/length of veil looked GREAT!  So excited!

Post # 79
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@MsBlissMpls:  

I am getting married on the beach too! are you going to be taking out any of the layers underneath?? My seamstress says I should to avoid being so hot

Post # 80
48 posts
Newbee

I’m meeting with the tailor on 3/3/12 and will ask what she suggests. As of right now I was not planning to take any of the layers underneath out because I like how it flows down & the dress feels really light (compared to all of the other dresses I considered). 

I’ll mention it to the tailor and see if it would change the structure of the dress to much. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post # 83
48 posts
Newbee

Thanks kroshko! Kind words always make my day!

Post # 84
612 posts
Busy bee

Hey girls!!! What are your BMS wearing?

I havent chosen yet and I am cutting it close! Please help!

Post # 85
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I just purchased this gown too! I am going to be wearing blue heels (as my something blue).  I had trouble finding a pair that were comfortable when shopping in department stores.  Low and behold I found a new pair at Payless (hello $19.99!) that are bright blue and have a ruffle across the top.  I tried them on with the gown yesterday to be measured and loved how the shoe ruffle complimented the dress ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 86
612 posts
Busy bee

@MsBlissMpls:  

what did the tailor say? My dress is not in yet so I am curious!! lol

Post # 87
48 posts
Newbee

She suggested leaving it in to keep the form of the dress and she said that it would be easier to walk, because sometimes if you take out the tulle underneath the dress can start to get caught in your legs as you walk. She is going to cut the tulle up 3 inches or so above the hem of the dress, so that it does not rub on my feet.

Also, I am hemming the dress to my flats (which is how all the photos will be taken) and wearing heels as I walk through the resort & dance to keep the dress lifted a little bit so that it does not wreck the bottom of the dress going across the pavement.

I love the built in cups and having the top fitted correctly! It’s starting to come together!

2nd dress fitting on the 31st with the final pickup on April 7th! Off to the gym right now ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 88
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi Guys,

I am DESPERATE to have this dress but I am over in the UK and I have missed my last opportunity to have it ordered from a local boutique in time for my July wedding. Could any of you ladies who have purchased the dress in the US tell me exactly where you got it from so I can try to contact them directly to see if they will ship to me?

I would be SOOOO grateful for any help you can give me!

xx

Post # 89
48 posts
Newbee

I purchased it from the Wedding Shoppe. Here’s their link.

http://www.weddingshoppeinc.com/pr/Allure-8862/35668

I’d call and ask for the ordering manager. Sorry I forget her name (Margaret, or Mary (Jo) maybe). She is extreemely nice and if anyone can get the dress in for you it would be her.

Good Luck!

Post # 90
48 posts
Newbee

If you check out the shipping options you can type in your Zip code to get delivery options (overnight, 2-day, etc.) and get pricing. The Wedding Shoppe does ship internationally ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 91
6 posts
Newbee

@rhrc2012:  The nice thing about the applique is that it has crystals AND pearls, so you can go either way! I am taking the applique off and having a sash made with lace applique that has pearl and cyrstal beading….I am wearing a short strand of pearls from my Fiance and pearl earrings that have a tiny diamond above them. 

A pearl bracelet could also work! I think this dress is so amazing it’s better to keep it simple but also keep it YOU!

The topic ‘Allure 8862’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors