(Closed) Allure 9254 Brides! How does the mid section fit?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
34 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Mshoneyv:  I’m 5’3 and tried it on yesterday. It hugged my curves so well. the inner corset Allure makes definitely helped. I say you can have any dress you like dont be afraid to try it on but DO make sure you get a great alterations person that knows your vision for any dress you choose. 

Post # 3
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

View original reply
Mshoneyv:  Hi! I picked the same dress and sort of have the same dilemma! The dress was huge on me and everytime I look at the photos of me wearing it in the salon I am disheartened. I have looked all over to find a bride that the dress fits properly on!   Here is the closest thing I could find. 

Post # 4
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Loved this dress!! It was my 2nd choice.  The dress didn’t allow for a lot of movement…I guess due to material.  It does hug you and you will def be able to achieve the hour glass look w/ alterations.

I am 5’3″ also 

Post # 5
26 posts
Newbee

View original reply
simpliamazing:  😱😍  you have just sold this gown to me! i was on two minds about it being able to hug the body and how it would look in white. What was your first pick?

Post # 6
96 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
000sam: Awww yaaaay! I need some commission lol…just kidding.  I decided to go with Allure 9275.  Very hard decision to make.  Wish I could have both.

Post # 7
26 posts
Newbee

Ive just had a google… The dress is beautiful! Im mad about ruffles though 🤗 I bet you look amazing in it! You’ll have to post more pictures so you can inspire them like you have me 😜

Post # 8
2316 posts
Buzzing bee

the dress holds you in with the inner corset.  I just worry about sitting down.  my meausrements fit the sample size exactly so I might order the next size up and take it in at the bodice to be a little more comfortable.  The consultant did tell me that you do not choose this dress to be comfortable, you choose it for the look and you will have great posture the whole night because of the corset.  

I would also like to know how you ummm….go to the bathroom in this dress.  I didnt think about it in the shop, but I wish I tried to lift it over my hips from the bottom.  Has anyone tried to do this?

View original reply
simpliamazing:  What color was the dress you tried on?  I tried on the Ivory/Champagne version and I loved it in the salon but I worry that in pics it will look dingy against my dark complexion.  

Post # 9
2316 posts
Buzzing bee

How rude…I should have posted a pic. These are my top two dresses so far. The one on the right is a justin Alexander dress In Ivory.

I’m 5’6.5″  And my torso is on the short side so the Allure dress is bunching a bit…  Nothing a good seamstress can’t take care of. 

Post # 10
96 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
000sam:  This dress actually made me love ruffles….Other dresses I tried w/ ruffles would either look weird or of cheaper quality.  I plan to post pics when the dress comes in since it will be my actual size. 

View original reply
Lokie85:  Thats a great question about the bathroom…and I could definitely tell you would be sitting straight up all day/night.  The dress is super fitted.  The dress I posted is either White or Ivory.  I did try Ivory/Champagne and it actually looks completely different…especially in pics.  My Maid/Matron of Honor hated it in Ivory/Cham but was totally in love with white so when I said it was the same dress she was very confused lol.  I think you won’t go wrong with either of the two you posted.  One thing I will say about Champagne is that it’s different…so it really just depends on what you are going for.  

Post # 11
2316 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
simpliamazing:  The white reminds me of a waterfall! Beautiful.  I also noticed that the buttons on yours go all the way down into the skirt and mine stop at the butt.  I may be over analyzing but I think it makes a big difference.  Im going to call the shop and ask about it.  After seeing the white/ivory, I dont know which color to order. They are both beautiful.  

Post # 12
96 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
Lokie85:  Oh wow…yea I’m not sure.  The Champagne I tried on was too small so i couldnt zip it anyway.  I do think that the buttoms (every 4th being crystal) is a signature thing Allure does so check into that if you go w/ Champagne one.  You’re making me want this dress now lol

Post # 13
2316 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
simpliamazing: 

I called the salon and the buttons do go all the way down. I just can’t tell in the pics I took!  I think the champagne really makes the lace pop. I found this pic online in natural lighting and I think it will look great at my outdoor ceremony. 

Post # 14
96 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
Lokie85:  I totally agree!! If my wedding was outdoor or earlier in day, this would have definitely been my dress!   

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

Lokie85:  I tried that dress on too 😍

The topic ‘Allure 9254 Brides! How does the mid section fit?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors