(Closed) allure 9254 vs Maggie Sottero. Final decision. Please help!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 16
176 posts
Blushing bee

My vote is for the Allure dress. When I saw the pictures my immediate reaction WOWWWW! The Maggie is beautiful but that Allure dress is stunning and looks stunning on you!

Post # 17
1070 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I vote for maggie but I dont think you could go wrong with the allure!

Post # 18
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - St.Matthews Church, Hants, UK

They’re both absolutely gorgeous on you, but I’d go with the allure as it just has something extra about it. 

Post # 19
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
Mshoneyv:  Loving that first dress!!! Both are beautiful, but there is soemthing about the first that I like a bit better.

Post # 20
1402 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I also vote for the Allure.

Post # 21
1319 posts
Bumble bee

I like the top of the Allure better but way prefer the bottom of the Maggie, so the Maggie is my vote 

Post # 22
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

i love both …I like the top of the Maggie better but the skirt of the Allure more so if the price is significantly different I would get the Allure because I don’t think the Maggie is that much nicer – they’re both beautiful and in your size I think the Allure top will look much better.

Btw I tried on the Allure dress and loved it – it was just too much poof for my very simple restaurant wedding. 

Post # 23
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I like the allure! Plus it’s cheaper so you can save the money for the alterations. 

Post # 24
3848 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Mshoneyv:  My vote is for the Allure! It’s gorgeous on you and it does fit your theme better in my opinion.  The other one is nice but not stunning like the Allure.  

Post # 25
3725 posts
Sugar bee

I much prefer the sumptuous ruffles of the Allure to the “scrappier” look of the other one. It sortof remnds me of an upended box of tissues ( sorry if I’ve offended anyone who has that dress… and it’s not that it’s not a stunning dress, just the ruffle style is not to my taste).

The allure also seems to have “richer” looking lace but that could just be the lighting in the photo.

You look great in them both.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by observer.
Post # 26
13 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Mshoneyv:  I bought the allure dress for my upcoming October 2016 and it’s seriously beautiful. I tried on about 15 dresses and I still kept coming back to the Allure! I don’t have pics after the alterations yet.

Post # 27
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m getting married October 2016 as well and this Allure dress is my #1 right now! And I’ve probably tried on 20 dresses.

Post # 28
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - Temecula, California

They both look beautiful but I  just thought that the Maggie is stunning on you.  It looks so romantic and perfect.  I am a Maggie bride and can tell you that you will not regret it!  Good luck on finding your dress!

Post # 29
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - Temecula, California

View original reply
petitebee08:  That is exactly my thought!

Post # 30
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
leonatigra:  I’m just wondering why you  say this isn’t vintage…when I think of vintage I think of lace this is mostly a lace dress with a bird cage veil I totally think this could pull off the vintage look 

The topic ‘allure 9254 vs Maggie Sottero. Final decision. Please help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors