(Closed) Allure C170 Brides: White or Ivory? please help.

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I didn’t get this dress, but I did get the Allure C177. I ordered mine in ivory because the one I tried on (ivory) still looked pretty white – I would describe it as a ‘warm white’. I got it in a couple of months ago and it’s a great color!

Post # 4
376 posts
Helper bee

i dont have this gown but i did order an allure dress. i went with the ivory because the shop told me allure’s white is SUPER white and they didnt even have any samples of it because everyone tends not to like it.

Post # 6
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I ordered this dress in the white, not the ivory, but I tried on both.  I’m middle-eastern though, and I have slightly olive skin, and black hair.  The saleswoman who helped me was AMAZING, and she had a background in cosmetics, so she was able to make a lot of good points about colors and tones.  She told me that the ivory would make my skin look warmer and golden, and that the white would make a nice contrast with my black hair.  She also mentioned that most people get it in ivory because a person without those kinds of hues in their skin would end up looking a little washed out.  If that describes you, then according to my sales lady you definitely made the right choice!

Post # 7
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

i was told the same thing about the white.. i tried a few dresses from Allure and one was the c170..and all were in the ivory..

i didnt even realize that it wasnt white until they told me.. i think its white enough.>!!

Post # 8
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@thepoTATErs: Would you happen to have a picture of you in your Allure dress??

The topic ‘Allure C170 Brides: White or Ivory? please help.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors