(Closed) Allure C184

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

thats my reception dress.  it’s big right now but will have alterations done by May.  i love my allure c184!   love love the three-dimensional flower design.  i havent found any real bride wearing it… to me thats a good thing. When is ur wedding?  i will post pics when alterations are done. 

Post # 5
29 posts
Newbee

hi Bells77

i hope you love it as much as i do.  i tried on so many dresses and loved almost every single one i tried on but loved the c184 even more.  i don’t know if i had a moment, like most brides described but the dress is so me, i had to have it.  my sister really wanted to see me in a more pouffy dress so i got the christina wu for the ceremony and i am so glad i did.  the christina wu is simple and the allure is more detailed, perfect for my reception.  We asked for discounts and were able to get 25% off of the c184 and 20% off of the christina Wu dress (15455).  my c184 is the ivory/silver combo. thats what i tried on and what i purchased. i really love this color combo. the dress at the shop was a size 8 and even tho it was big they clamped it on me and the top fitted nicely like on the model. i might have a pic of that, i’ll check and if i find it i’ll post it for you.   my actual dress is a size 4 and its big on me but the mesh part is fine even tho its big on the top.  i believe that with alterations the top will fit me just like it does on the model. 

my wedding is very simple and classic. it will be formal attire.  flowers: white garden roses/ spray roses/ ranunculus, akita roses, bouvardia,  ivy, eucalyptus & maidenhair fern.  the wedding party: maids- long black flowy dresses.  grooms-black tux with bow tie.  im asking my family and friends to wear black and white.  My wedding is small, for about 100 ppl.  the ceremony/reception  is held at the same place in this cute & charming mansion with valet parking.  it is very private, they only hold one event per night. i will be having a short outside ceremony in the mansions backyard and the reception will be in the ballroom.  so yes i def think its appropriate!  

the only color in my wedding will be my shoes.  im wearing these super cute giuseppe zanotti, suede bow platform sandals in a clover magenta color

let me know how the appointment goes and if you loved it, post pic if you can.

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee

Here are pics of me in a size 8.  as you can see, its super big however the mesh is expanded.

the pic does not do the dress justices at all, as you know. 

Post # 8
29 posts
Newbee

i am so happy i could help out!  update me once you go try. 

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi Ladies,

I like this dress a lot on the website, and even more on you, @whtorchids!

The problem is that I can’t seem to find it anywhere in store! I’ve called all the bridal salons in the NYC and Boston area, and none of them have it. I can order it from them, but I can’t try it on. Where did you try it on?

After I’ve seen it on you in ivory/silver, I think I would be willing to buy it without trying it on, but I’m worried about alterations.

Did you happen to notice if the dress is one single piece from top to bottom, or if under the lace there’s actually two pieces which are sewn together where the dress starts to flare?

I am asking because I would need to shorten it a lot, but I would like to so by raising the lower part, and cutting from the end of the bodice (above the knees). I can only do this if there’s actually two parts under the lace. Let me know if you noticed this.

Or if anyone else is trying this one on and notices if it’s made of two parts, please, please let me know!

Thank you!! 

Post # 10
29 posts
Newbee

hi jlix

This dress is from the Wedding Shoppe Inc. in St Paul, MN

i was able to get it for 25% off due to trunk show!

yes there is two pieces under the lace that can be shorten from where it starts to flare.

i’m going in to get alteratons on May 23 and that is how i am shortening it.  

Its such a beautiful dress, i love it!!

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee

@whtorchids:  Thank you so much for the info. I’m seriously considering getting this dress without trying it on. Crazy, right??

I think I would like to wear it with a mermaid slip, to add more volume to the bottom. Do you think it would look funny?

More pics when you get it or after alterations pls, pls! I can’t get enough!! Maybe I should fly to MN! πŸ˜€

Post # 12
29 posts
Newbee

Hi jlix,

i dont typically recommend brides buying without trying but this dress maybe an exception!  πŸ™‚  its even more beautiful in real life!

one of the main reason why i choose this dress (bisides all the beautiful details) was that it was not big on the bottom and more simple in that sense but im sure if you like the bigger look i think the mermaid slip will go great with this dress!

i will def post more pics after my alteratons-8 days away.  i am so excited!!!

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hi Ladies,

I started my gown web search immediately after the proposal… I started trying on gowns about a month ago. Allure C184 was the one to beat. I even went to Kleinfeld’s in NYC.

TODAY… I said YES to the dress. Allure C184 is gorgeous. I also ordered the ivory (not cafe combo). I didn’t want to take it off πŸ™‚

@Bells77

Did you get the gown or did you go with something else?

Thanks,

Liz

Post # 14
6 posts
Newbee

@liznj2775:  Hi, I’m still trying to find this dress in store. Where did you find it?

I live in NYC and I also went to Kleinfeld’s but nothing seems as pretty as this dress and maybe a couple others, also from Allure.

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hi jlix,

I went to the Allure Bridals website, then to their store locations. I started calling stores closest first, until I finally got one in Haddonfield, NJ. Quite a distance, but I knew it was the one. There are some stores that never called back, like East Brunswick, that may be closer to you if you want to try.

I specifically asked for the style number and a size I could fit. Right now, I am a street 12, so I can’t squeeze into the sample 8. I’ll be there by the wedding day πŸ™‚

Keep trying! Good luck! And yes, the ivory is so much nicer than the sample cafe color. It’s the same dress, just a cafe color satin underlay. Makes it almost look dirty, I thought.

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2013

This dress ia so beautiful.  I actually have a dress and went to help my friend find her dress.  She made me try it on, and well, I fell in love!  The dress shown is the cafe/silver color in a size 8.  I paired a birdcage veil that had matching rhinestones to complete the look.  The dress is truly unique and special for a bride who wants something a bit vintage but modern with the fit and flare….so lovely

The topic ‘Allure C184’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors