(Closed) Allure Couture Gown C170

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@futuremrscisek:

I am in love with this dress too and want to make the same changes, but haven’t been able to see what it looks like.  Let me know if someone comes through with a picture.

Good luck!

Post # 7
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@suzrayes84:i just want to say this is a beautiful dress, and i am sooo happy i decided on this one myself 🙂  I do have my dress for sale at this time.  It is a size 6, ivory and silver combination, and as u see in the pics, it is a corset-back.  It is in perfect condition.  Email me at [email protected] if you interested.

I do have to say that if you decide to get ur dress somewhere else that the corset back does make the dress fit better in my opinion.  It prevents u from having to get unnecessary alterations.

Good luck to you!

Suzan

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am looking for this dress in white and a size ten:) someone help:)

Post # 9
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@suzrayes84: 

How much was it to change to a corset back? I want to do the same but am worried it will cost a fortune…

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi Ladies,

I also love this dress and it’s my top pick right now!

So just a heads up, there is an imitation dress. The original Allure does not have the lace up in the back. The copied one does, by marilee madison collection. I think the skirt looks different as well.

They are both gorgeous dresses. My dilemma is that the original’s skirt is puffier and flowier and the flowers are prettier, but the copied dress has the tie back which does always make the dress fit better. HELP

Post # 11
120 posts
Blushing bee

@SANAZNAJIANDMD: Hello,

I was in the same dilemma, i tried both of them on , on the same day and thankfully my maid of honor pushed me to buy the original Allure as she counted the flowers and the feathers on the dress and thought the original had more flowers and looked much better. She also mentioned that the original was great without the crinoline, however the madison one looked a little limp and I would have to buy a crinoline for the look. I bought my allure yesterday!!! My only other thought was whether I should have gotten it in white rather than Ivory. The Ivory looked white and was what I tried on, so I have no idea what the white would look like…..

Post # 12
120 posts
Blushing bee

@futuremrscisek: Hi, I just bought this dress yesterday and the saleslady said once the seamtsress comes in then I can adjust it. I want to call back today and say that Allure is customizes changes as per your request, did you finally make the change? was it an extra charge?

Post # 13
120 posts
Blushing bee

My Bridal shop just advised me that it would cost $300.00 for Allure to change the back to a corset back. They said that the seamstress at the bridal shop can do it cheaper but she is not there to give me a quote. What do you think?

Post # 14
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

This was my dress, I just got married on Oct 14th and I love love love it! I think that it’s a tough decision to change the back because the detail is so beautiful and the corset does take away the beauty in the back. I feel in love with the top.

I think I would have like to have the corset instead of the button up because I wish my dress was tighter than it was at the top which a corset would have made it more snug. From sitting during dinner my dress started to “wrinkle” in the front becuase I think it wasn’t tight enough but then I dont know that i would have liked the look  as much with the corset.

Post # 15
120 posts
Blushing bee

@Petor2011: Thanks for the information, I really want to make sure that the dress fits tight enough, especially if I am planning to lose weight……was your dress white or Ivory?

Post # 16
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@suzrayes84:

Do you still have the dress? I am interested. Is it Allure or Madison?

Melanie

The topic ‘Allure Couture Gown C170’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors