(Closed) Alright, what home will $1,000,000 buy you in your area?

posted 8 years ago in Home
Post # 48
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I’ll play!! I’m from the UK which may make it more interesting for comparisons. 🙂 I live about in the middle of the country (as far from the sea as you can get for the UK!!) Here $1,000,000 is about £618,276. So let’s say £650,000 for arguments sake…

These 3 houses are all £650,000.

This first one has: 4 bedrooms (1 en suite), Family bathroom, Swimming pool, games room, Guest bed + en suite, Gardens, garage and parking.

This one has: 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms/toilets, Orchard with mature fruit trees and lawns.

This one has: 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 toilet, over 18 acres of adjoining pasture and woodland, including a large natural pond and the River Brand ( a tributary of the River Dove), along with a spacious stone built barn complex, great equestrian potential, as there is ample grazing with natural water supply, outbuildings ideal for stables and tack rooms along with adequate space for additional stabling or menage etc.

Link for 1st one: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27804619.html

Link for 2nd one: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39166033.html

Link for 3rd one: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27395742.html

Post # 50
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Another from TX! This home actually isn’t in MY town, but it’s in the expensive town fifteen minutes up the highway:

Price: $997,700.00. The HOME is 5260 sq ft, but the LOT that it’s on is  16056 sq ft. 5 bedrooms, 4 full baths and one half bath

Post # 51
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

This is a bedroom 3 bath home close to my area that is listed for $1,098,000. 2600 square feet.  I think it’s a typical, run-of-the-mill, middle class home. 

This is what $1,000,000 buys you in my part of LA 🙂

Post # 52
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@This Time Round:  St.John’s is getting pretty expensive too, when I first moved here 11 yrs ago 250k got you a mansion, 250k wouldn’t get you far now, 350+k gets you something decent but 400-500k+ seems to be the newer ones. I wouldn’t buy here unless I had at least 400k budget

Post # 53
92 posts
Worker bee

Apparently I need to move. This house is only 4,000 sq ft. Granted it’s in a downtown historic district, but still…

Post # 54
719 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Here in Wellington, New Zealand 1 million NZD will get you a very very nice home in one of the most prestigious suburbs, 10 minutes away from the central city. 

This house has two living areas, 3 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, master ensuite with spa bath, study, wine cellar, central heating, security system, double garage, plenty of storage and an easy care native bush garden. 

Or you could go for an older home in the same suburb. This would be my perference if I had a cool mil to spend!

“This house has five bedrooms (master with ensuite), stunning updated family bathroom, indulgent sized kitchen, dining, family area, fabulous open plan living with flawless flow to the great outdoors, covered patio, gorgeous and secure landscaped grounds! Separate optional living/fifth bedroom downstairs. Double internal access garage.”

Post # 55
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

i live in the north-east of England, where property is a lot more reasonably priced than the south. £650,000 will buy a 6-bedroom traditional semi with a large garden in a really exclusive area.

Post # 57
7039 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

$1 million will buy you this 2-bedroom house:

If you are willing to spend a few hundred thousand more, you can live here, and get 4 bedrooms:

Housing prices here are ridiculous, and that’s why we adore our 2-bedroom townhouse ;-).

Post # 58
1756 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I live just south of Seattle, and you can get a lot more for your buck down here…a lakeview home with 4 bedrooms, 2.75 baths and over 3,500 sqare feet runs you 948K.  Not too shabby!

Here is one in a cute Seattle neighborhood for 900K- looks like a really pretty old house!  Still over 3,000 sqare feet.

Post # 59
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Where I currently live, this is what $1,095,000 can buy you.

Absolutely gorgeous. Sorry if the pictures are huge.

Heres the description:

The abundant architectural features in this Twin Brooks 2-story, 5 BR, 3.5 Bath home will leave you breathless. Situated on an enormous, PRIVATE, end of the street lot with the serene and lush Blackmud Creek Ravine. TRAVERTINE TILES paves the way throughout the entire main floor, which boasts heaps of natural light from the immense and numerous windows, especially the windows in both the family room and the front foyer with soaring CATHEDRAL CEILINGS . GRANITE counter-tops throughout, curved staircases, stately architectural pillars, brand-new carpet throughout the second floor, glass-block detail in Master Suite’s ensuite bath and half-bath. The immense Master Suite will more than impress with the double-sided gas fireplace leading to the large spa-like Ensuite Bath with corner soaker-tub and large walk-in closet. More features: Heated SWIMMING POOL with accesories; POOL HOUSE; paved/landscaped entertaining area; SMART HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEM worth $50,000+; FULLY FINISHED BASEMENT; view of RAVINE .

I will make another post of what a million can you where I’m from… which is about 500km north of where I am now….

Post # 60
702 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Ugh, I’m getting depressed… another LA area Bee here. I live in the cusp of the valley so things are moderately “cheaper”. For 1 million, you’ll get an upgraded 3 bedroom, 2-3 bath house. Around 2-2.5K square feet.

Post # 61
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

An older home, 5 bed, 4.5 bath, 3330 sq feet, in a very walkable neighborhood.

With this as your backyard.

The topic ‘Alright, what home will $1,000,000 buy you in your area?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors