(Closed) alterations for vw351001 vera wang flange fit and flare dress in blush pink

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@princessarielbelle:  Hi! I’m wearing a similar dress – the VW351010, so it’s a fit and flare with the same flange bottom, but with one shoulder. I recommend a mermaid slip with crinoline to give you more of the triangle shape you’re talking about, and it’ll also lift the dress a bit, so less needs to be hemmed. I am 5’1″ and wearing 5.75 inch heels, so I understand this whole ordeal! I tried the mermaid slip they have at David’s Bridal but wasn’t in love with, so I found another on amazon that has a ton of crinoline and it has almost a Spanx like top part and I really like it.

Post # 5
127 posts
Blushing bee

@princessarielbelle:  This is the one I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065A1WUQ/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While the crinoline might be of a higher quality on the David’s Bridal one, the bodice part of the Merry Modes one is much more comfortable because it’s stretchy spandex. it also has more crinoline. I tried them both with my dress and the Amazon Merry Modes won out. It also helps make the dress easier to walk in!

Post # 8
12259 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

If you hack the train but leave it a couple of inches too long, it should keep the wispy shape!

Post # 9
127 posts
Blushing bee

@princessarielbelle:  I have the slip on underneath in both of these and you can see what it looks like when it’s hemmed for a short person with heels. It makes it so the train is pretty short, however I’m not going to bustle it, because it’s short enough to move around in.

The topic ‘alterations for vw351001 vera wang flange fit and flare dress in blush pink’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors