(Closed) Alterations to Aflred Angelo 801

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I tried this dress on and also did not like the rigidity.  I’m not sure removing the crinoline will be enough, though–the rigidity seems to come more from the outer satin layer itself, since if I remember correctly the lace is embroidered straight onto it.  I think it would look great as a fit and flare, though!  Sorry to not have any helpful advice.

Post # 5
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

That’s good–best of luck!  It’s a beautiful dress.

Post # 6
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I am also adding a belt and taking it in a bit around the hips so the my butt looks cuter.  I was originally going to add more crinoline but my seamstress said it was adding too much poof and it is a little stiff.   

Post # 8
4099 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I THINK this is my sister’s dress… she had a corset added to it (I am guessing thats a new thing for this dress) the only problem with it she has is it doesnt quite fit her in the boobs, she has to have it taken in a hare… and I think she may be adding a crinnie to poof hers out a little more.. i’ll have to ask her..

Post # 9
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I loved this dress, but wanted a more fit and flare shape as well. My consultant showed me #869, an unadvertised style, which is the same dress as this but with a different neckline and shape. I tried both on with an AA sash, but the sash I will wear is from Etsy. Also, when you order the 801, you have the option of ordering corset or zipper back, but the 869 comes in corset back only.

Me in the  801:

And me in the 869 (2 sizes too small)

Post # 11
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Thank you! I ended up going with the 869, I just felt like the style went better with what we had planned. We have a pretty small venue and stuff, but it was a HARD choice! And believe me, I will post TONS of pics once it comes in in my size!! lol

Post # 12
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@rbabyrolle:  Just purchased this dress today and am also planning to add buttons and make it less A-line and more fit and flare.

How does yours look??

Post # 13
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@mrshollinger:  

I didn’t add buttons to my dress.  I did take in the dress a little around the hips but I kept the A line.  I think @DeadUtopia: and @Ej88:  were doing the alterations you are looking for.

Some final fitting pictures for you though

Here’s a couple wedding pictures too.

Post # 14
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You looked gorgeous!!!

Post # 15
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014 - Vintage Villas

I love this dress but I also think I’m going to have it altered to be more of a fit in flare instead of the princess cut… I tried it on with the two different belts below but i think I’m going to buy something with a little more bling… hope this helps!

Post # 16
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014 - Vintage Villas

@rbabyrolle: I LOVE your bustle!!! I will totally be using your dress as my alterations inspiration!

The topic ‘Alterations to Aflred Angelo 801’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors