I love this post! 🙂 I want to play!
While I have only been a bridesmaid 8 times(one more to go), I can confidently say I’ve attended probably 30 weddings in the last 4 years. I’ve been a house party member, reader, guestbook person… and plain ol’ guest. AND all the showers/bach parties/engagement parties. Some of these weddings were my now-husband’s friends, but most were mine. 🙂 I’m only posting pics of the weddings I was a bridesmaid.
1) friend from college. I’m all the way to the left. These dresses were made by a tailor that messed them up. Loved the color, really disliked the dress. Our shoes were spiked bronze stilettos she gave us, but they effectively aerated the grass we stood on and got stuck in the cobblestone aisle. I still have them though!
2) My college roommate. I’m all the way to the right. I was her Maid/Matron of Honor. These are Alfred Angelo dresses– floor length and 2-piece. I love the dress and the color influenced my own wedding a lot! The silver shoes I got for this wedding, I have worn as a Bridesmaid or Best Man again — we each wore silver heels of our choice.
3) Sorry for the bad photo. This was another college roommate. We all had the same dress from David’s Bridal. I had brown heels I’ve worn again–of my choice. I liked the dress’s butt ruffle.
4) Husband’s cousin’s wedding, or, my cousin in law, in law. 🙂 This is a David’s Bridal dress and we all wore it. I actually love it, even though it was incredibly tight. Loved the train. Wore brown heels of my choice(see previous dress. :-))
5) 1st wedding last june. I’m on the right. Another cousin in law, in law bride. the groom is the brother of the previous groom. I know it’s confusing. This is my favorite Bridesmaid or Best Man dress. It’s from David’s bridal and was $80. I love the color and the cut–pretty much everything. And these are the silver heels from wedding #2–we wore silver heels of our choice.
6) second wedding last June. I’m on the right. This was a college friend. We had a choice of several dresses from David’s Bridal. I liked the color, not the dress. We each wore ivory heels of our choice.
7) Lifetime friend. I’m on the left. I was Maid/Matron of Honor as well. We each got to wear a grey knee-length dress with black heels of our choice. I borrowed this dress from bride #4 😉 It’s from JC Penneys.
8) This is a friend I’ve made since college. She purchased these dresses online, so I’m not sure the brand. We each had the same dress, and black heels of our choice. I actually like the dress on more than I thought i would. It’s very flattering.
Thanks for your post! I love all your dresses!