- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
I can now finish this statment with “And Soon the Bride!” I have been in 8, yes count them 8 weddings, with 2 more to come this year! I like to say that I am a professional bridesmaid and should start charging for my services! Of course, I love my family and friends too much to do this! I thought it would only be fitting to make a post from a semi-professional bridesmaid to the brides who might not have experienced this role!
1) We are there to make your day easier, however keep in mind that those you choose to be your bridesmaids are your family and/or friends and you will have to see them post wedding. So be respectful and as nice as possible!
2) Remember the body shapes of your BMs when picking out the dress, especially the top. From personal experience, having a large bust and being forced to wear a deep v-neck halter top in church was extremely embarrassing.
3) Ask us for help, we are willing to do whatever we can to make your day perfect!
4) Shoes…oh the shoe drama. I have been in several weddings where the bride picks out beautiful shoes…that sit 4 inches high. Don’t get me wrong I love a good pair of heels, however some girls can just not walk in them. I’ve seen bridesmaid’s so nervous or in pain you can see it it every picture, keep this in mind if you want your bridesmaids to be able to dance the night away with you with their feet still in tact. 🙂
5) And most of all, remember to enjoy the girl time while you can, because it’s could be one of the last time all your favorite ladies are in the same room!