- 3 years ago
- Wedding: April 2018
Ah!!!!!! Bees help!!! Am I crazy!?!?
I think it *might* be happening tomorrow!! I can barely even believe I’m admitting this. Here’s why (Tell me if you think I’m overthinking.)
1) He took the receipt! (Link here: . Basically, I told him to hide the pick-up slip for the ring that was displayed on the fridge) and not ahead of time like I told him to. Like two days ago. And then covered that spot on the fridge with something else. (Yes I looked, the receipt is not underneath).
2) He commented that I “broke my nail” (aka the polish chipped) – he NEVER comments on my nails. I have since gotten them redone. CRISIS AVERTED.
3) He made plans for us to go apple and pumpkin picking tomorrow. He is *not* a planner; I always make the plans.
4) When he found out im off work next weekend too his eyes got a little big (maybe thinking “I could do it next weekend” and then kinda said “eh” and shrugged (thinking “oh well I already planned it”????
5) He texted his friend about 2 weeks ago asking if he’d be around “the next few weekends” and when he said yes but why he said “I need your help with something”
6) He told me at thanksgiving dinner I’ll be his fiancé.
And the two reasons I’m doubting –
1) we’re going apple picking with his friends (a married couple and a single person). He knows I wanted a photo (hence his friend “helping him with something” who is one of the people coming) but wouldn’t it be kind of weird to propose with us 2 and then 3 of his friends? Will they give us alone time? Of note: I get along well with his friends, but they are definitely *his* friends. Maybe he hasn’t realized it might be weird in this type of group?
2) also – he asked if my brother could walk the dog while we’re gone, and his friends are picking us up to go to the orchard (and then driving us back). I gave him an excuse to involve my family, saying we could drop the dog off at my parents on the way and meet his friends there. That would force us to pick up the dog after the proposal, where we could celebrate a little with my parents and he said no that was ok. Maybe he’s not realizing what I’m offering? Or maybe I’m just being crazy.
HELP I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK!
My plan for staying calm is straight up denial. If I don’t allow myself to think it, I can’t be disappointed right?? This post isn’t helping…