(Closed) Am I procrastinating too much…late summer 2016 wedding

posted 4 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
4088 posts
Honey bee

summerbride0815:  define “loop them in?” All they really need to know is the time, place, and dress. You should choose their dresses, shoes, etc and have them ordered about 6 months ahead of time at the latest. Other than that, though, there’s not much else they need to do. 

Post # 3
1740 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Not necessarily, but I wouldn’t wait too much longer.  I’m getting married in June, and the deadline I gave my Bridesmaid or Best Man to order the dress is Tuesaday (Dec 1).  I know for sure that 2 have ordered it already, but i need to check on the 3rd.  Their dresses are going to take 12 weeks to come in, so the timing is good.  I would think that you have a little more time before you’ll be time crunched, but I’d start working on it sooner than later.

Post # 4
2063 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m getting married August 2016 and all I really have is venue, dress ordered, asked bridesmaids to be in wedding. We’ve tmasted possible catering and are meeting a photographer. I have some possible save the dates and center piece ideas. It would be nice if the bridesmaids throw a bridal shower but I won’t ask 😉 they have talked about throwing a bachelorette.

Post # 5
3434 posts
Sugar bee

You are way ahead of things than I was at this time of year. We got engaged in early November 2014 and got married in August 2015. We didn’t start planning until January 2015.

Post # 6
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

What are you looping your bridesmaids into? Mine just have to find dresses and my Maid/Matron of Honor is coordinating the bachelorette party.

We just overhauled our March 2016 wedding and are starting over completely. (new venue, location, everything)

Post # 7
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I think you’re just fine we are getting married July 2016 and the only things we booked until now are the venue and photographer that’s it! I’m in contact with a florist, DJ, baker and musicians but nothing is official yet. I’m using my mom’s dress for the wedding so I started having it modified and I need to cotact the seamstress soon. I’m still undecided about the BMs, if we hire a videographer or not and which kind of wedding ring I want. So I’d say you’re pretty much ok in your planning timeline!! Keep it up : )

The topic ‘Am I procrastinating too much…late summer 2016 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors