(Closed) Am I the only July 2011 bride who doesn’t have a VENUE??!!

posted 7 years ago in July 2011
Post # 3
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Judging from the lack of responses to this post I’d say yes you are!

Jokes aside, if you want a simpler venue you can easily find one, just think outside the box and look at places people wouldn’t normally consider as wedding venues. Maybe community centers, church halls, libraries, theatres, school halls or gymnasiums, parks and so on. Some restaurants can do great prices as well as all you’d do is paying for dinner for your guests without the separate venue hire fee, especially ethnic restaurants (Indian, Chinese, Mexican) can be a bit cheaper as they’re less geared towards the traditional wedding market…

Post # 4
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I can make you feel better…

I’m an April 2011 bride and I haven’t got a venue yet either!

It’ll all come together in the end though. No use in panicking, right?!

Post # 5
2742 posts
Sugar bee

Like you, I am getting married in Houston. I got my venue last month in Sugarland. It was more expensive than I was willing to pay but I live in Brooklyn and wasn’t going to be in Houston for a while again. Good luck. What part of town are you?

Post # 6
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

hmm, there’s still time!  My friend got engaged in May of one year, and managed to have her wedding Oct the same year.  My Future Sister-In-Law is in Houston also, and from what I understand is that there are so many more nice options there that are reasonbly priced (since apparently everything is newer in TX) that it’s not as crazy a rat race to find and book a place as it is in cities like NY, Boston, or Cali.  Good luck!

Post # 9
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@katieebee: Why can’t you just have it at the restaurant, the one that is doing your food for you? Is it too small to fit your guests?

Post # 10
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@katieebee:

Heehee – yep, I know I need to get on with stuff…you should hear my mum about it 🙂

I’m having a pretty similar wedding to you I think – family and friends to a total of 50 I’m thinking. All the family have to travel up here so I’m needing to think about accommodation as well.

I made my first appt to see about wedding dresses for this coming Saturday. The assistants were like ‘your wedding is THIS April??!’. Apparently I should have figured out the dress thing a while ago. So now I have the shop ladies running about trying to find me ex sample dresses. But it’ll be fine – if I haven’t got time to procrasinate then I should be much less indecisive than normal 🙂

Keep me posted with your progress!

Post # 11
242 posts
Helper bee

@katieebee: lol love that theme!

Post # 13
2742 posts
Sugar bee

@katieebee: Nah, I live in Brooklyn. My family used to live in Kingwood and now live in SW Houston. Sugarland had some nice places that had decent deals last year so I went with them. I am an out of town bride. I keep having to come to Houston to do things. Ugh.

Post # 14
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I just have a date July 30, and a town Vegas- the rest is still in the air-  SOMEONE SAVE ME;)

Post # 16
2829 posts
Sugar bee

@katieebee:

Don’t have our venue [officially] yet, we just started mulling through the contract process last week (our old venue waffled on us because they wouldn’t sign contracts.. grr), and are waiting to hear back from the location.

@Straggler:

I don’t have a dress either! I’ve been putting it off and off and off because I keep flip-flopping about what I actually want! I guess I should make up my mind soo hahaha.

The topic ‘Am I the only July 2011 bride who doesn’t have a VENUE??!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors