- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2015
So I was talking to my SO the other day about our impending engagement (he brought it up) and I asked him if he was still planning to do it within the timeline he had given me. He then said it depended on if I wanted him to have the ring when he did it. We’d had this conversation before, and after seeing how excited he was to be getting engaged, I knew neither he or I could keep the news to ourselves for long. And I knew if I told either set of our parents they would ask to see the ring, and it’d be semi-awkward to say that it wasn’t here yet because it was being worked on still. Plus it would be kinda nice to have that moment of him presenting the ring to me. I don’t need it to say yes, but it would be nice.
So I told him it didn’t matter, but I’d prefer he had the ring or at least get it within a few days of him asking me. So he said ok, and said more than likely it’s going to be past the timeline he’d given me before because he wants to wait to do it with the ring most definitely now. The ring was supposed to be here already, but he said moissaniteco said they were swamped with orders, and there would be a delay. He doesn’t sound like he’s too pleased with them right now. So now I know I’m going to be waiting through to the new year. In a way I’m sort of happy because now I will definitely be surprised when it happens since I no longer have an exact timeline for it. On the other hand, I’m sad for SO because he feels he’s let me down, even though this is out of his hands. Oh well, the wait continues I guess.