Post # 1
So, we (finally) upgraded our phones last week, and joined the rest of the world and got smartphones. We love them so far, and can’t stop playing with them. Learned new stuff every day since, and we’re teaching each other what we learn, lol.
Anyway, I was wondering what apps and features are your faves and that you think are a must have?
Post # 4
Google Goggles or Barscan
My Days (tracks your period)
Pandora Radio…LOVE this app, I’ve started using it instead of my IPOD
Post # 5
Bubble Buster is my game of addiction. 🙂
But I love having:
My Days (it’s a period/ovulation/calendar where I can keep up with if I took my pill or not, haha)
GasBuddy (for prices)
Post # 6
Twidroyd (twitter app)
Classic Simon (llove this game!)
Evernote (great notepad app)
Farm Story, Bakery Story, Restaurant Story (addictive games!!!)
Tunee Music, (download free music)
Ringdroid (create your own ringers easily)
Post # 7
– ANGRY BIRDS… lol. You will get so addicted!
– Advanced Task Manager. Set it as a widget on your homescreen. So many apps run in the background unnecessarily and kill the battery. All you have to do is tap the little android guy and it kills them all.
– Where’s my Droid? This app is useful if you lose your phone a lot (like me). You set a “keyword” and if someone texts you that word by itself, your phone will start making noise until you find it, even if it’s on silent or vibrate. If you have GPS enabled and lose your phone, someone can text you and say “Where’s my Droid?” and it sends the location of your phone.
– Pandora Radio. Love it, use it on my PC too.
– My Fiance uses gStrings Free to tune his guitar. He also downloaded a separate alarm clock app because he was not satisfied with the pre-loaded one.
– A lot of my friends downloaded Handcent SMS for text messaging purposes. I don’t really know WHY, but they use it.
– Kik Messenger is a free smartphone to smartphone messaging application.
– I use Facebook, Twitter, myfitnesspal, and Gmail regularly.
Post # 8
Facebook was the first app I downloaded, lol! Pandora was the second I think. Boyfriend or Best Friend LOVES Angry Birds, but I’m just kinda ‘meh’ about it.
@HolyVowels: Thanks for the Advanced Task Manager suggestion. I was looking for an app killer the other day, but didn’t know which one to pick, there were so many.
Keep ’em comin’!
Post # 9
Angry birds, Angry birds seasons & Solitare for gaming
advanced task manager.. a must as the built in task manager does nothing
I have a wedding planner app
Bank of america app for
Handy hint!!!! … say you’re at Target and need to do a price check, take a picture of the barcode and walk over to a price checker thing and it’ll scan it and give you the price.. magic!
Post # 10
-Pandora: This is the greatest app ever and my Fiance and I use it all the time in the car and its FREE!
-Word Wise: Tie for 1st with Pandora. It’s just like Words with Friends except its not exclusive to one phone. You can have a droid and play a person with an iphone. It’s so addicting and me and my Fiance play the 2player “pass and play game all the time
-Urbanspoon: So cool, you just put in a location and it will bring up all the restaurants in your area. You can look by category and shake it and it gives you a random one
Post # 11
My days and Advance Task Killer are great. I would also recommend “bump” if you know someone else with a ‘droid they can just “bump” you an app so you don’t have to search for it. It’s great
Post # 12
@almostmrsc: I downloaded a barcode scanner app, and I used it the other day. Maybe I’m not doing it right (?) but I was hoping it would show me the price, not just prompts/links to other info about it. Maybe I just wasn’t looking in the right place? That’s really cool about taking a picture, though and showing it to the in store scanner, I’ll hafta try that, too.
Post # 13
I think Shop Savvy is way better than Barcode Scanner. It shows you the price of the item, if there are any stores near you that has the item and their price, and then all the prices online.
-Angry Birds. Clear out your schedule
-Advanced Task Killer
-My Fitness Pal App
-Shazam-it let’s you tag music. Just hold your phone up to a speaker. Works well in a crowded bar and a song comes on that you want to know.
Days until widget.
Post # 14
@Beautyfull: Tunee is no longer free. 🙁
Post # 15
I forgot about Wordfeud. Darling Husband and I are constantly playing that!