(Closed) Angel Orensanz & other NYC Venues

posted 10 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018 - The Desmond Hotel in Malvern, PA

I can’t speak from my own experience, but my brother and sister-in-law got married at Angel Orensanz and I don’t remember hearing a single negative to their experience.  The space was absolutely stunning for the ceremony and reception.  Good luck!

Post # 4
484 posts
Helper bee

Capitale quoted $185++ per person for a July/August/Sept 2009 wedding without the ceremony on site.

I know Gotham Hall definitely more expensive.

Post # 5
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I attended a good friend’s wedding at Gotham Hall.  They got married in a church though.  The place was spectacular from the cocktail hour until the last dance.  The food was amazing and the ambiance created was just incredible.  Unfortunately no idea on pricing, sorry.

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

I looked at Angel Orensanz during my venue search. It costs about $17000 to rent (price varies depending on day of week and number of guests), but includes lighting and I think you get the space for about 12 hours. You bring in your own caterer.

Post # 7
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Gotham Hall has a minimum off 200 people on Saturdays.  If you can’t guarantee that amount, the price per person will go up.  I think that the price is about $200+ which includes tables, linens, etc.  You can use their caterer or bring in your own.  Cindy Altunis who is one of the coordinators is great. Any questions I have, she is always happy to answer.  Hope that helps you a bit.

Post # 8
7 posts
Newbee

• Gotham Hall: $250/pp on Saturdays with 150-200 person minimum, I forget
  • Capitale: $185/pp
  • Essex House: $325/pp
  • Angel Orensanz:  Yup, it’s $17k for rental, but includes lighting, which at at Gotham Hall and Capitale will run you an additional  minimum of $5k if you want anything somewhat special, like spot lighting and etc.

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Personally, I have never been to a wedding in NYC but have heard and seen wonderful things and pictures of weddings at Central Park Boathouse and Chelsea Lighthouse. Good luck and Congrats.

Post # 10
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’d urge you to also look at the Prince George Ballroom. I had my wedding there and it was amazing. There is no on-site catering, but you can use whomever you want. The rentail fee is $8000, all going toward the Common Ground charity.

Post # 11
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I went to a wedding at Capitale once.  I have nothing bad to say except that the wedding had about 150 people, and the place looked HUGE during the reception.  There was just a lot of empty space – like the wedding didn’t fill the whole hall.

Post # 12
997 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel

My friend had her wedding at Angel Orensanz, and it was absolutely beautiful, from the lighting to the flowers. 

The topic ‘Angel Orensanz & other NYC Venues’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors