(Closed) Another blow – should we postpone the wedding?

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2532 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I wouldn’t cancel.

Lymes is going to be dificult to treat at this stage – sounds like you’ve had it for a while – and will be expensive no matter what. I’m sure you know what to expect from it by now, but the truth is it will most likely come and go, and you can’t predict whether you’ll feel OK or not at a later time.

Your insurance may cover some of it, but it’s unlikely – insurance companies have a history of dismissing Lymes. Sometimes, doctors can lose their liscences for treating it! It’s crazy and unfair.

I would just keep on keeping on and don’t let the Lymes get in the way of your life. Ask your friends and family for as much support as you can, and cut some things out of your wedding to make it more financially available.

I have a friend with Lymes – he tries his hardest to not let it get in the way of him living his life. Sometimes he has to take a break, but usually he does the coolest, craziest things!

Post # 4
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I wouldn’t postpone it but I would do some MAJOR cuts. What do yo have planned for 35 ppl? Maybe instead of a fulll dinner you guys could opt for Hors d’œuvres or a cake and punch reception or a champagne and dessert reception, cut out favors or make them yourself (like cookies). Hook up an ipod and play some of your favorite tunes.

Post # 5
11657 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

Don’t postpone, maybe make some adjustments as Pp have said

Post # 6
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@CARA1978:  I think you answered your own question – your health needs to come first. Hopefully insurance covers it and hopefully there are no surprises, but you just never know. I think your energy and funds need to be fully allocated to your health because without that, you have nothing. It sounds like it could be helpful for your Fiance to live with you in case you need him during treatment, so it’s too bad that part will have to be put on hold (unless you’d consider it due to the circumstances – you’re obviously still getting married, but have more important concerns at the moment).

Post # 8
9681 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@CARA1978:  I know this is a wedding site, but a wedding is SO trivial compared to your health. I’d really recommend that you don’t take any chances and I would think your Fiance would agree. It’s better to postpone the wedding until you’re at your best rather than risk losing even more money if you have to cancel at the last minute.

Post # 10
3725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@CARA1978:  I’m sorry you are going through this. Treating Lymes can go on for years. I’d get married but like PP said, cut back where you can.

Post # 12
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I have a good friend who has Lymes, she lives out of state now, but when she lived here I used to go help her out when she needed it. One of her favorite things to do when she had episodes was to look back at photo albums of happy days. Have your wedding. Be happy. Look, your going to have med bills no matter what. Cut where you can but don’t cut the things important to you. There are going to be rough days, don’t let any of the great ones slip away. Sorry you are faced with all this. 

Post # 14
7385 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Nope, press on. Good luck!

Post # 15
2473 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

What if you did a pot luck or something similar instead?  It sounds like food and drinks cost would be the most expensive part.

I’m not a doctor, and I don’t know very much about MS or Lyme disease, but I would talk to your doctor about this.  How will treatment be going at that point?  Will you feel up to a wedding?

I think if you can, you should pwoer through it, but your health does need to come first.

Post # 16
2651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Honestly, I would just do the wedding. I was diagnosed with lymes when I was 4. Even with the anti-biotic treatments, you have it for life.  It’s a slow disease, so you do have time and since it seems like you have had it for a while a few months will not hurt you.  Have your wedding, be happy. Do things. 

The topic ‘Another blow – should we postpone the wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors