(Closed) Another name for officiant

posted 12 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 4
4485 posts
Honey bee

If you are talking about a non-religious officiant, the only other term I have heard/seen is celebrant, which is what they are called in the UK/Australia/NZ, etc.

Post # 5
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Celebrant is a term often used for the person who leads the ceremony here in the states, too.

Post # 6
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Ember78- I am in the UK and haven’t heard the term celebrant. We are having a civil ceremony, and it is being performed by a registrar.

The topic ‘Another name for officiant’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors