(Closed) Another question for the bee!

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 3
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Yes I think individual licensed bartenders should be no problem to find.  I think a lot of bartenders do side-gigs

Post # 5
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@jenilynevette:  where are you? I know the laws differ from canada to the states and even more so in canada’s different provinces, and probably the different states

Post # 7
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@jenilynevette:  http://www.in.gov/atc/2460.htm

A temporary permit is good for beer and wine only – not liquor. If you want to have liquor served at your event, you must have a licensed alcoholic beverage caterer. A temporary permit is valid for on premises consumption only. “Carry out” and “carry on” is not permitted.

^ this is what I found, I hope it will help, doesnt look goo though 🙁

Post # 9
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@jenilynevette:  You are probably going to have to go with a cater/company.  I didn’t have time to read through the whole thing, but the regulations look like they only give out the liquor permit to an actual company that has a business liscense and carries liability insurance for serving alcohol.  While in theory an individual could apply and run a 1 man or small business doing nothing but bartending, in practice the fees for the liscense, the insurance etc would be too high for them to make a profit.  

“If you wish to dispense liquor at your event, you must hire a licensed alcoholic beverage caterer. Many bars and restaurants that hold liquor permits also hold catering permits. If you are unable to locate any licensed caterers in your area, contact the Excise police to learn who holds catering permits in your area.” http://www.in.gov/atc/isep/2379.htm

This is a link to the excise police divided into districts- The website says you can contact your districts excise police and request a list of all people with a liquor permit in that area.  That may be the easiest way to find out who your option are.  

Post # 11
269 posts
Helper bee

depends where you are in indiana but theres a bartending company in nw ohio that will travel anywhere. they provide the tender and bar will even give you a list of what you need to buy and if you want they will pick it up for you from wherever you buy from. 

Post # 12
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

at our venue we have to get Dram Shop insurance in order to have any sort of alcohol. its like 150 for the day i believe and you can get  it through state farm or really any insurance company i believe. dont know if that helps.

The topic ‘Another question for the bee!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors