(Closed) Any 10.16.09 Brides out there?

posted 9 years ago in October 2009
Post # 3
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

We’re getting married 10.16.09, too!  At first I was hesitant to do a Friday wedding, but I’m finding that a lot of vendors that are already booked for Saturday the 17th are available on our date.

Post # 5
117 posts
Blushing bee

What time is your ceremony?  Are you starting it later due to the fact that your local guests may have to work until 5 or so?  We’re considering a 6:30 or 7:00 candlelight ceremony (ours will be outside).

Post # 7
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Well I’m close. . . our date is Oct 15th 2009. . . talk about a weird day. . . try thursday afternoon, lol.

Post # 8
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

Close, too – 10/17/09!

Post # 9
225 posts
Helper bee

Us too, Oct.16.2009 it was cheaper for a Friday evening. Yea nice to see some other folks out there!!

Post # 10
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I’m 10.16.09, too. Because it’s a Friday, we’re starting at 7:00 and just serving drinks and hors dourves (along with our dessert buffet).

Post # 11
4 posts
Wannabee

yay for 10/16!  I’m finding the same thing as azwinelover – we haven’t had any problems booking vendors for Friday yet!

Post # 12
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We’re also getting married on October 11, 2009!

It’s Columbus Day Weekend, so hopefully a few of our guests will have Monday off of work.  We’re planning on a morning/day ceremony/reception, but 95% of the guests will be from out of town.

Have any of you Sunday brides had trouble finding an officiant?  We’re not trying to find a religious officient, but was wondering if people didn’t want to do a ceremony on a Sunday for any reason…?

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I am Friday, 10/2/09. We are also torn about the ceremony time. I really want 4pm and hope everyone can make it. I am actually concerned about their understanding that the wedding is on a Friday night. I think I will write "see you Friday night" or something similiar on our save the dates. Did you do anything extra to let people know it is a Friday? 

Post # 14
1053 posts
Bumble bee

i’m friday october 16th!!  i actually am loving that it’s a friday – we’ll have all of saturday to ourselves and then leave for the Honeymoon sunday! 45 days left!!! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 15
117 posts
Blushing bee

Anyone else starting to freak out yet.  Yeah, I am.  Just a little.  I’m ready to get the wedding over with and go on the honeymoon.  Like ecomaha, we’re leaving on the Sunday after the wedding.  That way, we’ll have Saturday to do our last minute packing!

Post # 16
1053 posts
Bumble bee

ugh. working out has been the hardest for me! with a month to go – literally, tomorrow –  i need to work out everyday!!  i have terrible allergies and that’s not helping, but tomorrow a.m. i’m back to it πŸ™‚  everything else seems to be coming along really well, knock on wood πŸ™‚  how are you guys doing?

The topic ‘Any 10.16.09 Brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors