(Closed) Any 2010 Hudson Valley brides?

posted 11 years ago in New York – Hudson Valley, New York
Post # 32
7365 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I;ll be checking out FEAST @ Round Hill in few weeks for a tastiing as well. I can’t wait.

Post # 33
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m going to Round Hill in a few weeks too – can’t wait!

Post # 34
1279 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Miss Holly – are you going this coming Sunday or next month? I’ll be there this coming Sunday. I think I’m even more excited to go now that I’ve actually booked 🙂

Post # 35
103 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going on July 10th.  Have a great time this weekend and let us know how it goes!

Post # 36
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hey fellow FEAST brides — we just booked our 4/30/2011 wedding there.  I went to a tasting and thought it was fabulous.

@Jaxx — I’m going to be booking rooms at the Marriott Courtyard in Middletown, I think.  I’m still looking for affordable shuttle service.  If you hear of anything, let me know!

Post # 37
1 posts
Wannabee

i just booked with Pamela’s Traveling Feast for next September! Very excited!! Pam is very flexible and was able to work with me and my fiance to find our vision at a very reasonable price!!!!

Post # 38
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m a hudson valley bride! Getting married October 3rd at Thayer Hotel, West Point, NY. Using all Valley vendors except photography. The rehearsal dinner is at the Plumbush Inn. Highly recommend the Thayer Hotel. Emily the wedding planner has been amazing. Also getting my hair done at “Salon on the Hudson”. 

Post # 39
5 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@buttercookie: Hi! I am getting married at the Round Hill on the Friday night before you – April 29th, 2011!  Too funny.  How are your plans coming along?  Just curious, have you booked your limo company yet, are you shuttling people from a hotel?  We can’t seem to find a suitable transportation option (our guests are staying at the Sheraton in Mahwah).  We are picking our menu at the end of October, so that we can order the invitations in November.   Let me know if you have any other tips! Happy to help in any way that I can too : )

Good luck! Lauren

Post # 40
45 posts
Newbee

Hey @BelleBride! How funny! Guess it’s gonna be a really busy season for FEAST! We haven’t found any great transportation options yet.  I think we’re gonna have guests at the Marriott in Middletown (I think @Jaxx317 is having her guests stay there too?)  I’ll let you know what I find out.  Have you found any good hair/makeup places?  We’re not using limos, but I heard Golden Carriage was decent?

Anybody in that area found a good spot for a rehearsal dinner yet?

Post # 41
156 posts
Blushing bee

Hey brides!! For all of you FEAST brides, I got married there this past September and it was fabulous!!! Everyone raved about the food, cocktail hour, and gorgeous grounds. We just received our photos and they are even more amazing than I imagined! For an entree, definitely go with the chicken with the apples and currants, people were raving about it for weeks after our wedding. Also, the Pastry Garden does fantastic cakes so you won’t have to look elsewhere. They were able to replicate a stunning cake I found in Martha Stewart Weddings to a T.

For hair and makeup, I highly recommend Dorothy from Pretty Bird Bridal. She’s about an hour away from Round Hill, but is willing to come to you (and it’s within her travel limits). She was absolutely wonderful and my hair and makeup looked exactly as I wanted and lasted all day and night (which was quite an accomplishment in the Labor Day weekend heat!). She included eyelashes and airbrushing which really helped make my pics flawless and offers great discounts for larger parties.

Unfortunately, I can’t help with transportation as we didn’t end up booking any limos or other private transportation options.

If anyone has any FEAST questions, feel free to PM me =D

Post # 42
5 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@marcam882:So glad to hear it!  Would love to see some pictures!  What stations did you go with for the cocktail hour?  We’re going to the Pastry Garden next month to taste the cake options, and then finalizing our stations on Bridal Day.  Congrats on becoming a Mrs. ; )

Post # 43
156 posts
Blushing bee

@BelleBridetobe: I’d be happy to email you some pictures if you’d like; unfortunately I’m not super tech savvy  and my previous experiences in trying to upload pics here have failed. For our cocktail hour, we went with the mini potato latkes with smoked salmon (my absolute fave), crab cakes, goat cheese with tomato and basil, samosa with mango chutney, grilled citrus shrimp, puffed cheese ravioli (kids love this), and the spanikopita.

And I can’t say enough amazing things about the Pastry Garden! I brought them a picture of a 6 tiered pink cake with hearts scrollwork I found in Martha Stewart weddings that I fell in love with, and they recreated the look exactly with buttercream frosting instead of fondant! I paid only a minimal fee (less than 100 bucks) to upgrade the design and the cake tasted even more amazing at our wedding than during the tasting.

And thanks, being a newlywed has been amazing! Please PM me if you have any more questions.

Post # 44
5 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@marcam882: Hi!  Thanks so much for the info.  Would love to see some pics if you wouldn’t mind – love looking at the Round Hill all done up!  My email is [email protected].  Glad newlywed life is treating you well.  Happy Early New Year!!

Post # 45
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We’re haveing our reception at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel. Its beautiful inside and the price wasn’t bad at all to have it there. Smile

Post # 46
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@sassy2582: a BIG hello to all! i’m newly engaged and really really interested in getting married someplace non-traditional. i’m thinking hippie-chic/ rustic elegance type thing:) the kicker is i’m on a super tight budget. i am basically envisioning a kick ass cocktail hour that never ends! so food isn’t a big deal to me. flowers aren’t a big deal to me. I just want an amazing party in an outrageously gorgeous rustic setting. I’m big on the barn idea as well. does anyone know anything about cost for:

full moon resort

cole hill estate- i literally cannot find any contact info and the one number listed is out of order

shadow lawn

apple barn farm

I am SO open to other ideas as well. I haven’t been engaged long and i’m already a bit overwhelmed with the planning process. I feel like once I have a venue then I can relax a bit and start having way more fun with all of this. So come on, gals! Help a sister out….. 

xo

dani

The topic ‘Any 2010 Hudson Valley brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors