(Closed) any 2011 brides?

posted 9 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
345 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Me!  Long engagement for a variety of reasons… I’ll finish my masters next August, we want a spring/summer wedding, and I don’t need to be stressing out and trying to write my thesis at the same time… So we’re thinking May/June of 2011, and it is still unfortunately unclear what country it will be in! I am proud of you for having a date set already πŸ™‚

Post # 5
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We’re 2011 as well. We only graduated last year and we hope to buy a house before we marry so we need to save a lot of money and 2011 seemed like a good idea at the time (I am so impatient though).

We’ve been doing one thing every month or two to keep us busy and to spread out the cost of deposits etc. So far we have a venue, celebrant, photographer, and we bought our rings last month. I think that’s us until after Christmas then we’ll get back into it!

Post # 6
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We’re planning a May 2011 wedding.  We want a spring wedding on the beach and there’s no way I’d be able to plan it for spring 2010.  We also want to pay cash for everything so it’s easier to budget with a longer engagement.  My Fiance just started back for his 2nd Masters and will be finishing in 2011 (also working towards his CPA) so he wants to focus on that during 2010. 

Post # 7
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am also May 21, 2011! We are also planning to purchase a home before we are married so we wanted to have plenty of time to settle in and save some money beforehand! OttowaBride…. Why would May 21, 2011 be a long weekend? Isn’t Memoral day the following weekend???

Post # 9
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

yay! more 2011 brides! we are planning an October (tentative) 2011 wedding. We are waiting for my Fiance to finish school and to save $ so we can pay cash for (almost) everything. I like having tons of time to research and get inspiration.

So far, the only thing i hope to finalize by January is the venue/church and date. We have our venue meetings this weekend so I’m super excited and its starting to feel “real”. (Sometimes its hard because its sooo far out. πŸ˜‰  )

Lets keep each other posted with our plans as we’ll have to wait awhile yet for our “month twins” board.

Post # 11
345 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Thats funny, cause the long weekend for us is the next week (memorial day!) and thats what we were thinking too! @kitkat i was equally confused for a second πŸ™‚

I would love to have the major details ironed out by the end of this year, since everyone hikes their prices up in January! I think we’re likely going to have the wedding here (as in DC area), but we need to discuss with FI’s relatives in Malaysia, except his grandfather is not doing well these days and it is not a nice time to bring it up.  I have been to a few venues and was just AMAZED at how expensive wedding food is in my area!

Post # 13
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

2011 for me too.

No real reasoon for our long engagement we just were not in any rush.  1/1/2011

Post # 15
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

We’re getting married in January 2011! We decided to have a long engagement partially because I will graduate college in December 2010, and partially because I wanted to have a long time to plan things without getting stressed out. I wanted the whole planning process to be fun for me – and this way I have way more time for all of my DIY projects.

The topic ‘any 2011 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors