(Closed) Any 2011 Modern Trousseau Brides!? Beautiful & Fun Dresses!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 5
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Hi! Tia was one of my top choices but I ended up going with a LaSposa that was similar but had a simpler skirt. They had the one-shoulder flower detail in common. Not sure if MT would be able to do this, but LaSposa was willing to sell me some extra of the flower trip from the shoulder strap, and I am having a couple flowers made into a hair clip and doing a low off-center updo with the flowers. The flowers on mine are also quite small, so I am also making two little flowers into shoe clips!

As for the veil — I’m going for a very light, one-layer, cathedral length. No blusher for me — I don’t want anything between me and my wedding! πŸ™‚

Good luck — this is a STUNNING dress! I still think about it often!!

Post # 7
187 posts
Blushing bee

@April_Fools_Bride: Here are a couple pics of my LaSposa for you (on me). It’s impossible to post a link to it on the LaSposa website but if you want to look it up, go to http://www.splasposa.com and search for “Damasco.” I’d be interested ot know what you think! It was really a tough decision for me between Tia and Damasco, but in the end I got basically the same feeling from both and I decided to go with the less pricey one. Honestly, though, Tia is an amazing dress!! You will be a beautiful bride in it. I forgot how stunning the back was until I saw your post and went back and looked it up again — love the way the angles are and how low it dips. Gorgeous!

[attachment=1329418,169233] [attachment=1329418,169234]

Post # 8
187 posts
Blushing bee

@April_Fools_Bride: Oh, and a PS — another thing I loved about Tia that Damasco didn’t have was the sweetheart neckline — but I’m having my Damasco modified. πŸ™‚ I’m starting to feel a little dress envy, actually!

Post # 10
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I LOVE modern trousseau.  I actually purchased Wallis (the first dress above Tia). I can’t wait until it comes in!

Post # 12
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Tia! I would love to try on a Modern Trousseau dress. I live in Miami and I am unable to find a store that sells it here. I found a store in Boca Raton that may carry it but it’s not on their website. It looks like I will have to take a trip to try it on. : ) 

I love all of the dresses! Beautiful.. I think it’s just what I am looking for. 

Post # 13
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

April Fools Bride-  I JUST bought Tia yesterday!!!!

Thing is, it isnt this seasons. I cant find it anywhere online so i have no idea what season it is!! Its driving me nuts! After I fell in love with the dress in the store, i looked all over the internet for it and couldnt find it. I saw 2011 Tia online, and it looked so similar but mine is strapless. When I bought the dress yesterday, I saw that it infact was “tia”.

If anyone knows what season this dress is, let me know, I guess it doesnt matter im just curious.

COngrats on your absolutely beautiful wedding dress….. cheers to two Tia Brides πŸ™‚

[attachment=1359348,172798]

Post # 14
89 posts
Worker bee

I don’t have a photo of me in the dress πŸ™ the salon wouldn’t allow anyone to take photos in the dresses unfortunately.  but they said once mine comes in hopefully by april I can take all the photos I want.  I modified wallis a bit by changing the color of the sash to match my bridal party. 

Post # 16
16 posts
Newbee

I tried on a MT dress in the Fall 2010 collection (autumn) but ended up going with a Pronovias dress.  LOVE their Spring ’11 collection though! Makes me wish I had waited to buy!!  Congrats on your beautiful dress.

The topic ‘Any 2011 Modern Trousseau Brides!? Beautiful & Fun Dresses!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors