(Closed) Any 2011 Vermont Brides?

posted 7 years ago in Vermont
Post # 3
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I grew up in the Adirondacks, we live on the Jersey shore but are getting married in Vermont – my mother lives there now. 

We’re getting married in Charlotte. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 4
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m getting married in Vermont in September!  We are from California and are having a destination wedding.  We are so excited!

Post # 5
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yes, I am getting married in Vermont! Not Stowe, but in Manchester. I grew up in New Husband, and my fiance and I met and live in the Boston area. His parents have a ski house in VT, so we spend a lot of time there. I guess it’s a semi-destination wedding, or something like that Wink. We can’t wait! I just emailed a bunch of photographers, and we need move quickly on finding and booking a band as well, so if anyone has any tips or recommendations, it’s definitely appreciated!

Post # 7
10 posts
Newbee

@Jushackett: Thanks for the tip! The photos on his site look great, so I just sent Doug a message; we’ll see. Other photographers are certainly coming in with large price tags!

I’m excited to be able to talk and share with other VT brides. Thanks for getting this started!

Post # 9
10 posts
Newbee

@Jushackett: What a nice couple! You guys are so cute in your green sweaters πŸ˜‰ And you’re right, Doug certainly has more diversity on his site than any other VT photographers I have looked at!

We are getting married at the Wilburton Inn, which is this big, old mansion with amazing mountain views and eccentric owners who have an odd collection of sculptures scattered around the property. We can’t wait to have all of our friends and family gathered there with us! And I think the Wilburton is in much greater need of a website upgrade than Stowehof is!

Post # 10
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am getting married August 2011 in Shelburne.  We live in NYC but spend a lot of time in Vermont.  It is so nice to see a community here!

Also, does anyone have recommendations for a rehearsal dinner?  We actually wanted to do a “Welcome to Vermont” party and invite everyone to a casual dinner the night before. 

Post # 13
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m a VT bride from VT and set to get married in VT in May.  My fiancé is from MA but we are getting married just over a half hour away from my home town.  I’m getting married in an area just a little ways south of the Northeast Kingdom on the eastern part of the state.  It’s exciting to finally see some people from VT on the boards that are getting married this year.

Post # 14
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I am getting married in VT!!!  We are from MA but doing a destination wedding b/c my family was getting in the way of what we wanted. 

We are getting married at the Hartness House in Springfield.  We are so excited!

Post # 15
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Jushackett:  We are actually getting married at All Souls Interfaith Gathering.  Love Shelburne farms too (just a little over our budget).  πŸ™‚

Post # 16
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@gwenhope3 All Souls Interfaith Gathering is beautiful. πŸ™‚ 

We’re doing our rehearsal dinner/welcome reception at the Boat House next to the Echo center and having an outside caterer. It’s right by our hotel block so it works perfectly πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘Any 2011 Vermont Brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors