(Closed) Any 2012 brides getting snarky “end of the world” comments?

posted 7 years ago in January 2012
Post # 3
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

No, but I’m just getting annoyed by the end of the world hysteria in general. I can imagine comments like that would drive me crazy. 

I haven’t set my date yet, but it looks like I’ll be getting married in 2013. Can’t wait to hear about how “unlucky” that number is. :p

Post # 4
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Haha I’ve gotten a few.  I laugh at them.  I also remind them that I’m getting married in June and the supposed end of the world isn’t until December 21st, 2012, and I tell them that we wanted to get married before the world ends.

Post # 5
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Our wedding date is the “day after” the world “ends” so we’re getting a LOT of comments x__x

Post # 6
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

@tntrav44: haha i was going to say just tell them at least you’ll have a few months of blissful marriage.

Post # 7
1056 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’ve gotten a couple but I blow it off w/We don’t know when it is b/c God never said when it will happen!

Post # 8
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I really do feel for you. Why do people buy this stuff? I mean, seriously. Hey, remember that time everyone thought the world computers were going to shut down and leave the planet in absolute chaos because there were too many zeros in 2000 for them to compute?

Yeah, about that.

Post # 9
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I got a ton of rude comments about our wedding on September 11th. You learn to develop a lot of snappy yet polite comebacks that leave people feelings both like jerks and somewhat stunned at the same time ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
3220 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@Badass Bride: in the same idea as your party bringing the end of the world, my SO’s birthday is december 21st, so he keeps saying that him turning 25 will be the “end of the world” hahaha

Post # 11
3142 posts
Sugar bee

@bakerella:

I think its wonderful to celebrate love on that date. 

OP: I haven’t gotten any yet, unless it’s been said en Francais as my FIs family is 100% Francaphone

Post # 12
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Here’s how you solve that; hand them a towel and tell them “Don’t Panic the Ultimate Answer is 42”

Post # 13
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

My SIL is engaged and her date is March 2013…we were at a BBQ a few weeks ago and someone said something – its weird!

Post # 15
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I got married in September of 2010, and I got the “why are you bothering spending all that money on a wedding, when the world will be ending a couple years later” hahah

Post # 16
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@7SEVENJ9: Lol, that’s like, doubly rude. 

The topic ‘Any 2012 brides getting snarky “end of the world” comments?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors