(Closed) Any 2012 brides getting snarky “end of the world” comments?

posted 9 years ago in January 2012
Post # 17
5385 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

First, Welcome to Weddingbee!!!

Second, I would act surprised when they say that. I would act like I had no clue. lol

Post # 19
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

well really we all should be getting them since Saturday is it not 2012!
;p

Post # 20
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

welcome!

no, but my Fiance and I were joking about it yesterday, though! LOL!

wonder what they plan on doing/saying when it doesn’t come true??? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 21
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Yeah, I’ve gotten it a couple times.  Doesn’t really bother me.  I just shrug and tell them I guess I’ll be waiting for the end with my new husband.  Lol.

Since getting engaged, I’ve learned that people have a lot of opinions…about everything.

Post # 22
10846 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@Badass Bride: Usually the conversation goes like this:

Random person/friend: When are you getting married?

Me: September 11th.

Person: Uhhhhh that’s quite a date….

Me: Yes I know! It’s coming up so soon I can hardly believe it! We’re so excited!!!

Person: Uhh ya… Ya that IS soon.

Alternately:

Me: September 11th.

Person: Wow. There’s nothing like getting married on the day thousands of people died…..

Alternately:

DH: September 11th.

Person: Wow. There’s nothing like getting married on the day thousands of people died…..

DH: Well I’m pretty sure bad stuff happens every day. Say do you know what day the tsunami hit Thailand? No? Well it must not be very important since it didn’t happen in North America….

Person: *stunned silence*

True story. DH has more nerve than I do ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 23
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Most of the comments I get are “wow, it’s so far away!”…..Yeah, thanks for reminding me.

I did get 1 or 2 end of the world comments. I just replied back “It’s cool, we’re getting married in Sept, so I’ll be married when the world ends.”

Post # 24
2088 posts
Buzzing bee

My date is 2013 and I’ve gotten 2 comments so far. Just jokingly, so they don’t bother me at all but still.

“Wow, 2013.. Don’t even bother planning, the world’s going to end anyways!”

“Make sure you don’t put down any big deposits too soon, the world’s ending 7 months before your wedding!”

Um yea…. sure it is.

Post # 25
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I haven’t got any yet, but if and when I do, I will literally laugh in their face. Arrgghh…idiots.

Post # 26
487 posts
Helper bee

Yep! My favorite is “Why would you get married before the world ends?!? You are going to die completely broke!!”

Um…if we die, why does it matter how many zeros are in our bank account?? Dumb.

Post # 27
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Welcome ๐Ÿ˜€ Sorry people are saying annoying things.

Just let them know that Nostradamus predicted the world won’t end until the year 3786 or 3797

Post # 28
1062 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

OMG yes!!!! Someone told me I should have my wedding in 2013 just incase the world ends in 2012 and we had the wedding and spent all that money for nothing. PA-LEASE the world is not going to end!! lol!

Post # 29
2889 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Honestly I had no idea the world was ending in 2012. I think I must live under a rock! No, I haven’t gotten those comments yet obviously. Hmmm what to do with the remaining 19 months of my life….

Post # 30
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@mannellal: exactly! You can’t bring the money with you. LOL.

Post # 31
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

His dad said something about it when we first chose a date. He said, “At least you will enjoy a couple months of marriage before we all die.” lol It’s crazy.

The topic ‘Any 2012 brides getting snarky “end of the world” comments?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors