(Closed) Any 2013 Nigerian brides here???

posted 7 years ago in African-American
Post # 32
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Prettylt:  Hey Lady! Can we see the wedding pics, since you’re all done? Any advice? Thanks for starting this thread!

Post # 33
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Pretty_Chick:  LOL at the church guy! Naija people and their “mo gbo, mo branch”. We have till November, so we’re still good. We keep getting reminded about “essential” people that aren’t on the list yet. 

3 months left! You’ve tried my dear. Did you get the DJ you wanted? I heard everyone likes some Dimeji guy. Well done oo!

By The Way what are your favors? I’ve been looking around and it seems the usual Naija personalized stuff aren’t so popular anymore?

Post # 36
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@SweetBug:  Thank you! There is still small things that have to be done (Just now ordered the jewelry for my bridesmaids), but it’s getting easier as time draws near.

Yes, we got the DJ we wanted. I heard of Dimeji, but I’m not too familiar with his work. FH picked our DJ; he says the guy is very good. FH has excellent taste in music, so I didn’t micro-manage that part, lol.

My favors are a collection of small gifts that we are putting together and putting in a personalized bag to hand out to the guests.

@PrettyIt: Thx for the advice! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Post # 39
1602 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Not nigerian – just wanted to say that I had a very close friewnd who was and I love and respect your culture so much! 🙂

Post # 41
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Yeah. Im a Nigerian bride. August 2014

Post # 43
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@blisslife:  I’m in the same boat, I am not Nigerian but my fiancee is. I’m trying to find out as much as I can about what the traditional ceremony entails. He is also Canadian like me, so he doesn’t really know much about the culture of an Efik/Cross River wedding. And I don’t really know much about the culture of the Azeri/Russian wedding. Needless to say, both sets of parents will be involved in “teaching” us. We are having a “church wedding” after the Nigerian ceremony, that’s when my beautiful white dress will debut! 

Anyone know where to get matching Nigerian outfits in Toronto or GTA or online for the Nigerian part? I want to be in the latest styles, as I’m super into fashion. How do I find out what the latest styles for Nigerian dresses are? Are there online magazines?

And how appropriate would it be to get a beautiful ballroom dress and just match the gele to it?

Thanks a bunch!

Post # 44
2 posts
Wannabee

@Fabfitfemme:  Congratulations! I Efik so i know what it entails to get all your outfits and all… Luckily my mum is making my dress in Nigeria.You can check out some Nigerian couples online and probably give someone to make the clothes you need. At least with pictures, they’ll have an idea of what to sew.

Check this couple out http://myweddingnigeria.com/10474/efik-wedding-of-sheena-and-ikpeme-by-tunji-sarumi-photography/

This is an editorial i found about the Efik culture and wedding im sure it would be useful to youhttp://www.happenings9ja.com/more-happenings/photo-editorial#!

Feel free to ask me any questions if you need any help. good luck

Post # 45
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi Ladies,

i am Nigerian too based in the DMV area, wedding June 7th, 160 guests ( by God’s grace) hoping for replies to my RSVP and no wedding crashes. Oh and i am igbo. Igbo Kwenu! 

Post # 46
7 posts
Newbee

Hello Ladies

Nigerian Bride here..:). I’m Yoruba and FH is as well. Our wedding will be in VA but I live in MD and he lives in NY. We have most things covered, making payments to vendors are what we’re doing at the moment. We are expecting about 300 ppl. Hopefully the distance will be a factor for the these mo gbo, mo ya..lol. Pretty excited though…:). I can’t wait.

The topic ‘Any 2013 Nigerian brides here???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors