(Closed) Any 2014 brides out there?

posted 7 years ago in January 2014
Post # 4
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We’re not even engaged yet so I’m possibly one! Wgen we first talked about getting married and about planning a wedding I got really excited and started saving pictures and makingboards, but I wonder if I’m getting too ahead of myself.. hehe

Post # 5
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I’m 2013, but I’ve had a long wait too! (Got engaged in February of 2009 — wedding date in Feb 2013, so a four year wait, PLUS the 3 years of waiting to get engaged!)

Post # 7
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Jenniphyr: 3 years of actively “waiting” prior to your engagement or 3 years of dating?

My boyfriend and I have been together 11 years. I’ve always know we will get married, but we weren’t thinking about it because we were young. I’ve been ‘waiting’ for a bout a year… last summer we talked about timelines for getting married and buying a home so we started saving. At the begining of this year we went ring shopping and he said we will be engaged when he has a ring to give me.

Post # 8
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@mattsgirl813: It looks like we might be moving our date to October 2014 instead of 2013. We’ve been together since 2003. He proposed in 2010. So it’ll be at least 10 years that we’ve been together before we get married.

Most of the time I don’t care (I figure hey, I’ve waited this long, a few more years doesn’t matter.), but occasionally I’ll get so anxious about it all. I feel like I should have everything planned out. Or that anything I think about doing will already be done and over with by the time we get hitched. 

Occasionally the reaction from co-workers will be so rude. “What?!?!?! Why are you waiting so long, why aren’t you married already?”…I mean really how damn rude can you be. 

Post # 9
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@cherrydoll: Three years of actively waiting to get ‘officially’ engaged. He’d proposed already (with a ‘promise ring’ that I wore on a necklace), and bought the ring within a few months, but I insisted that we had to be 18 first…and then he quit his job and didn’t want to formally propose until he could technically support me, plus he wanted to do it on a ‘big’ day (Christmas, birthday, Valentine’s, New Years’, etc.) and so it ended up taking 3 years before he formally proposed.

Post # 10
127 posts
Blushing bee

I am a July 2013 bride, we got engaged December of 2009. This year is our 7th year together. The way I see it is with the long wait it gives you more time to make it perfect =)

Congrats,

Post # 11
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We arn’t formally engaged yet but we have had the finances talk with each other and our parents and it looks like we are going for early 2014, at least we aren’t alone in our long wait! 🙂

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

I am!!!! just got engaged 12-20-2011. And we are waiting until after I am done with college 🙂 Spring 2014!

Post # 14
3968 posts
Honey bee

Still waiting…hoping for a fall 2014 wedding!

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Yay same here. Looking at Nov/Dec 2014 wedding. I have a perfect dress in mind Allure C170. I love it, i love it! Is it too soon to purchase a dress?

Post # 16
15 posts
Newbee

Not engage yet but we’re planning for 2014 wedding.. Can’t wait! =)

The topic ‘Any 2014 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors