(Closed) Any 2015 Brides begin planning yet?

posted 6 years ago in June 2015
Post # 16
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Our wedding is in May 2015 and I’m pretty far along in the planning! We’ve been engaged since October, and I’ve been doing things slowly but surely since then. I’m in grad school and work at the same time, so starting early has been really helpful. So far I have the guest list, wedding party and what they’ll wear, venue (with food, DJ, and cakes included), DIY centerpieces, photographer, and my dress! Plan at your own pace, don’t let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn’t be doing!

Post # 17
1480 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  June 2015 is less than a year away now! Ignore whoever is telling you that you have plenty of time. A lot of vendors book up before then! 

We’re November 7, 2015 and we’ve booked our venue (ceremony + reception, includes everything but photography, videography, and officiant – we’ve decided to get our own dessert table instead of using venue’s baker). We booked our photographer and videographer last month and have bought a couple of decor items that we know we’ll keep forever. We’re starting to put together our little items to ask our bridal party this summer. 

Post # 18
974 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  I agree do what you want to get done! We are getting married May 2, 2015 and if we had waited to book our big stuff i know we would’ve atleast missed out on our photographer! When we were meeting with her she said she got a messge just the day before about our date! <br /><br />My SFIL, younger brother’s fiancee already has their venue and photographer booked for August ’15 and they just got engaged in June! 

Post # 19
117 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Lalavla:  We’re date twins!!! 🙂

Post # 20
221 posts
Helper bee

I am a bit of a wedding go getter, getting Married May 9.. A week after we were engaged we had already picked the date and looked a venues. Two weeks after we had the hall booked and that got everything rolling. It helps that our venue includes centerpieces(choose the design), card box, decor, dj, wedding cake and food/alcohol/wine at dinner/ midnight buffet and cocktail hour. After that I now I have my dress, photographer, ceremony location. We are going bridesmaid dress shopping in a few weeks, pick out the guys suits later on, decide on a design for invitations and we are done! When I start planning.. I really plan haha

Post # 21
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I have almost everything done… but I’m getting married in Feb, so that’s only 7 month away!

Anyone who tells you not to plan yet has either never planned a wedding, or hasn’t for a very long time. I started planning 13 months out and most venues I looked at barely had any dates free in Feb-April 2015. Not to scare you, but if you are getting married in June (very popular month) you may have trouble finding a venue at this point.

Post # 22
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

We got engaged January 2014 and our wedding venue is booked for July 2015. We booked the venue pretty soon after we got engaged (early February). We wanted to make sure we got a date in July to accomodate close family that will be traveling overseas for our wedding. So far we have booked our DJ and our Photographer. I’ve started looking at dresses, but I don’t want to commit until the Fall since I still have so much more time to go!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Profile Photo lalexa01.
Post # 23
974 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
alexsquared:  hooray!! Hope you’re planning is going well!! 

Post # 25
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I have almost everything major done (still looking for a few things, music, videographer, and florist being the big ones) but my wedding is in January 2015, so I’m right about 6 months away! 

Post # 26
1377 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  Our wedding is planned for August 15, 2015. I was told a ton that we were planning way too far in advance, things are going to change, we’ll find someplace ‘better’, etc. We have signed for a photographer and a venue (ceremony and reception), BMs and GMs have been asked and accepted, my dress is bought and paid for, shoes and hair piece are done. Our colors are chosen. We’re working on caterers and florists. The surprising thing? All the places we’ve signed so far have already had other dates signed and paid for in late 2015. I’m willing to bet that if we had waited, they wouldn’t have been available for our date. Plus, it’s just really nice to get stuff out of the way now! I’m not a parent, but I’m in grad school and working full time. I didn’t want to go through hell just before the wedding simply because someone else decided my timeline was wonky. 😛

Post # 27
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  My wedding is coming up in 7 months in February, so I’m not sure if this counts. However, I have most of the major things done and am just pending on small things like favors and other little details. As a future teacher, I say just start planning everything regrdless of what others say. I took care of mostly everything this summer because I knew that once the school year started I’d probably have way too much on my plate to be worrying about weddig planning.

Post # 28
683 posts
Busy bee

Mine is in May 2015. Its a small destination with an at home reception. We have the wedding deposit(Includes everything in Key West), Our hotel booked, reception venue(At home reception), honeymoon booked, dress(ordered on Thursday-they said 4 months!), and just over the weekend i bought most of decoration for reception. 2015 is not that far! We got engaged in Febuary and I called right away to a venue and it was already booked for may and june 2015! The more you get done with now the less you will have to stress toward the end! There will be enough to stress about!

Post # 29
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

August 8, 2015 bee here! We got engaged right before this past Thanksgiving, in October. I booked all of the things I knew we wanted that very month (photographer, venue, cake baker, DJ, church, hotel room, etc.) Two of my BFF’s are getting married the same summer and booked things very early on as well, for the same reason. I know a few other people who have gotten engaged after us three girls and had to reschedule the date they wanted because everything was already booked up!

My advice is to be proactive BUT sit back and think hard about what you want before you book it. You don’t want to start planning/booking/paying for things on a whim..

So far I have everything planned and booked except for flowers, which is on my to-do list in the coming weeks. I also still have to get my dress and MOH/BM dresses but that appointment isn’t until next month!! SOOO excited for THAT appointment! 

Post # 30
62 posts
Worker bee

Yep I have! I’m getting married June 27, 2015!! So far, we’ve booked the venue, and found an officiant.  Next week, we are meeting with florists, DJs, and a photographer.  I’m a teacher so I’m off for the summer; my plan is to have all vendors booked by the end of August so we can spend the year making payments and doing other stuff

The topic ‘Any 2015 Brides begin planning yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors