(Closed) Any 2015 Brides begin planning yet?

posted 6 years ago in June 2015
Post # 31
1163 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  I’m not a 2015 bride (I’m getting married in 5 days!), but I know that around this time last year I was booking many vendors. I had already booked the church, reception venue, photographer, DJ, and limo, and was in the final stages of sorting out my wedding dress, the florist and decor. You’re less than a year to go so I wouldn’t say it’s early. I’ve noticed that with wedding planning, it’s a whol lot of “hurry up, then wait”. As a PP said, you should be getting the larger vendors done and taken care of.

Post # 34
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’m getting married 9/15 and I have everything booked. Venue, church, dj, phographer, linens, makeup, hair, transportation, photo booth and my dress has been purchased and has alreay come in! Do things as you can if you know what you want!

Post # 35
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: A very pretty church.

Of course! But then I am planning for a different hemisphere, in the ‘holiday season’ so there’s no time to dilly-dally.

Post # 36
2514 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  Ours is planned and half paid for (Feb 2015).  We just have the small details now, finalize the ceremony, address and mail invites, the DIY extras, hair trials, make up trials, etc. All the vendors are booked, deposits paid.  Dress bought and paid and hanging in a closet (needs a bustle and the strap shortened, but I’m waiting til a couple of months out.) 

Yes, you have lots of time.  Lots of time to get things done without feeling rushed or stressed.  ๐Ÿ™‚  

Post # 37
1324 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

i’m a december 19 bride! and i’ve booked the venue and church! i went dress shopping for fun once but other than that no serious planning other than going on weddingbee and reading a ton of wedding blogs! it’s so fun and i’m really enjoying this time, just like everyone told me to hehe ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 38
106 posts
Blushing bee

Yes!!!

I start medical school in August, and I wanted to get as much planning done as possible before it start4ed (I am getting married in July 2015).  I have my dress (and I already have it because I was able to get it off the floor), venue, bridesmaids, cake, invitations, dj, flowers, and photographer all done.  The big thing left is to finalize the guest list (which may take a while), and the food tasting isn’t until January.  I knew that once school started I would have to be very focused on it, and I didn’t want to worry about the wedding (any more than I have to lol).

Post # 39
2690 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m May 2015

To my family, I’m OCD fot having this much done but compared to other bees I’m behind

My venue and photog are booked.

My bridesmaid dresses are picked.

oh and I found pretty invites ๐Ÿ˜‰ ha!

Post # 40
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m may 2015, and I’ve already booked the church, reception hall, photographer, and ordered my dress. I’m a bit ahead I think but we wanted more time to make payments. But i’d def start as soon as you can. The sooner the better, so you have options and don’t get stuck trying to find a vendor last minute and end up some with a company that isn’t exactly what you want. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 41
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

annette.m.clark.7: People really don’t understand how much time and work goes into a wedding! I’m getting married June 2015 and I have already done so much. I’m about to start grad school, so I want to get as much done this summer as possible. Let’s see…

Dress is already in my possession

I already have my wedding band

Bridesmaids were asked and accepted, already looking into what gifts I can get them

Guest list is just about set

Church booked and started pre-marital requirements already

Reception venue booked

Invitation suite is made

I’ve bought a few things for decor and whatnot

We even started looking into honeymoon destinations.

I’m sure there is more… 

Post # 42
680 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  I’m getting married June 2015 and people keep telling me the same thing. I feel like I have no time at all! We have our venue, photographer and videographer booked. Catering is done through our venue so we wont have to worry about that until next year. Our guest list is finished, made bridesmaid boxes and every said yes (yay!!), Save the dates and invites are picked out and my dress is up next!

Post # 43
688 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  No need to worry, I think it’s really wise to start planning already and some things just take time!<br /><br />

I got engaged early May 2014 and we plan on getting married May or June 2015. Note that I still don’t have a date, after two months of being engaged. People keep asking, and we just don’t know yet. In the first weeks of our engagement, I kind of had to get used to the idea. I wanted to get married so badly, and being a wedding photographer, I am surrounded by weddings all the time, so people (including me!) assumed I would be ready to plan my wedding in a week. But I wasn’t. I loved our engagement weekend so much, that I kind of had to linger on that feeling for a bit before I could think about actual wedding planning.

Two months in, not a date or venue yet, but I did buy my absolute dream dress. I had a hard time tracking down the dress I had loved for over a year, so when I found it and it fit me perfectly, I just bought it. I don’t think I’ll have dress regret at all, because I’ve been swooning over this dress for so long and it really feels like a big relief that I have it now. 

As for the date and venue, we have visited several venues and placed an option on one and have our favorite.  We have created the guest list (not finalised, but a gist for the venue so we can get offers). We’re just still discussing our budget, and we are both just SO busy (we both work full time, I’m actually working 60 hours a week currently due to two jobs), so wedding planning is something we do in between on our mutual off hours. 

So basically we take a bit longer to take some decisions, which is why it’s good we started planning now. Really, it’s only a year, it will fly by. Of course, you can plan weddings in a much shorter time, but I love having that time to carefully consider things without having to make rush decisions. For me, a year long engagement is totally fine. Our optional wedding date is currently 20 June. It was 23 May first, but I’m liking June better now. And I’m absolutely loving being engaged now. I am all smiles every day when I think of our engagement weekend and the time that we’re having now, planning our wedding together, it just warms my heart. Really try to enjoy this one year that you have, it will really fly by! 

Post # 44
577 posts
Busy bee

Not officially(publicly) engaged atm, but the SO and I have been doing a little planning quietly with each other. We’ve finished the guest list and are looking at venues and what type of officiant and ceremony we want. We’re aiming for fall of ’15, but still not 100% sure, it’ll depend on the venue. He’s into the honeymoon stuff too.

Post # 45
176 posts
Blushing bee

Got engaged last July 10th, have a two yr engagement have basically been brainstorming since then. Just this past month began to actually venue scout. I ordered the boxes for my invitations since last year based on inspiration from Mrs Perfume another bee here. So I have that and have begun the process of ordering my dress via Jasmine’s Bridal since it’ll be custom made combining two dresses I love. I think planning with just one year is perfect so you’re not stressed six months before the wedding.

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  

The topic ‘Any 2015 Brides begin planning yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors