(Closed) Any 2015 Brides begin planning yet?

posted 6 years ago in June 2015
Post # 46
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  I’m also getting married June 2015 (the 7th), and I have the venue, celebrant and photographer booked. I admit though that we are super-organised people, and I have been lucky that my Fiance is fully invested in the planning side of it. I think he is more excited than i am…

We even have the main part of our honeymoon booked.

Post # 47
1733 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:   I been engaged for 3 years and so my Fiance and I could save. Last year we decided we wanted to get marriend in septrmber 2015. We did our guest list then we book and pay our venue off, then the florist, and our Dj. We put a down deposit to our photographer our videographer. We just need to finalize on our invitations. I need to find a dress I love by September and find my bridemaids dresses and groom and groomsmen attire, hair make up transportation and wedding accessories other wise I feel like I am ahead. My DJ told me Wedding is a year ahead industry just because you will get married the following year doesn’t mean the vendor you want will be available, if you can book them now I say go for it. Don’t pay no attention to people that tell you, you have plenty time to plan Remember you pass the year mark so get the planning now so when the wedding is getting closer you don’t feel rush and overwhelm. 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Chaedra.
Post # 48
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  I’m getting married August 1, 2015 and our thing was plan now so we don’t stress later. I’m a teacher also so I really didn’t want to get too busy and distracted with wedding stuff during the school year. I have my venue, photographer and DJ booked. I’m paying the deposit on my caterer today and I’m meeting the florist tomorrow. At least in my area, things book up SO fast. We chose August 1 because we loved the venue and that is the only middle of summer date they had available where i wouldn’t have to go back to school Monday. 

Have so much fun planning!! 

Post # 49
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Oh I also just bought my gown and chose the bridesmaid dresses. 

Post # 50
2268 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

honeysag79:  Date twins!! I get so excited whenever I see it, hahaha! I’m a grad student so I’m trying to finish most of my planning by the end of the summer before I have to get back, as well 😉

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  No, your instincts are right — definitely start planning! I’m getting married on June 27, 2015 and, at least where I live, June is a popular month and many things book up over a year in advance. Also, we are getting married downtown, so we knew we really had to plan ahead!

So far, we have booked:

– venue (which includes tables, linens, chairs, open bar, food, dessert, etc.)

– church and priest

– wedding band (as in music…we are looking at wedding bands in a week 😉 )

– photographer,

– florist

– guest transportation

– wedding party transportation

– bride and groom transportation

– lighting

– make up artist.

– I am booking my hair stylist this week- contract in hand!

– We have also taken care of our hotel block.

– Our guest list is finalized and we are ordering save the dates next week while we are home!

– I’m going dress shopping in two weeks.

Post # 51
3875 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  Eeek! I don’t want to freak you out, but I am getting married October 2015 and I am already done with 99% of what I needed to plan. I have already put deposits or paid in full: our venue, our caterer, our photography, our DJ, our photo booth, our videographer, our hotel block, my dress, my hair and makeup, and all of our decor for the wedding. I’ve already gotten a jump on five of our DIY projects. Right now, Fiance and I are just in a saving mode until about three months before the wedding (when we plan on paying everything in full). We wanted a longer engagement so we had time to save and not be stressed–which we could only do if we got a jump on things now. 

I would suggest you get started with as much as possible. More than anything, I would be worried about things booking up. Where I live, it’s not uncommon for things to get booked a year a half out (which is what I did with 90% of our vendors). Firmly tell your Fiance it’s time to start planning and start setting aside some weekends to go look at venues and meet with vendors. 

Post # 52
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

So far I have the venue, officiant, save the dates, wedding website, and guest list done. After seeing the venue’s availability, my goal is to get as much done now that way I can enjoy the rest of the time being engaged. Im a minimalist though so there have many things that I just dont care about (engagement photos, engagement party, bridal shower, bachellorette party, centerpieces) Thankfully, the venue is gorgeous so leaving out decor isn’t  noticeable. I think going through and seeing what really matters and getting that stuff taken care of and then adding on the little extra touches (if you get time) will help the whole process feel a lot less overwhelming for you. The one thing that has taken a lot longer than I expected was deciding on music. ITS A LOT OF MUSIC! I can listen to music at work so I found a wedding station on Pandora and have been putting that list together. How early you start planning really depends on how particular you are about each component.

Post # 53
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:  I’m a July 2015 bride who’s also a teacher. I hired a wedding planner because I can afford it in my budget, and she’s reasonably priced.

I say plan NOW. Get it out of the way so that during the school year you’re not crazy hectic planning. I know I’m bound to have to take some personal days to meet with vendors, but that’s fine with me.

I have:

• Booked a venue
  • Booked my wedding planner
  • Booked my photographer
  • Started designing my wedding dress (best friend is making it)
  • I sent out Save the Dates

I am currently looking for an officiant, about to hire my DJ, and I’m shopping around for decor/contemplating making my own. I have a caterer picked out but I’m waiting for my fiance to come home from deployment before I book that.

Post # 54
36 posts
Newbee

View original reply
annette.m.clark.7:   I am getting married September 2015 and I have started.  I live in a city so things are booked for up to two years!  My planner told me to start with the venue, then look into caterers and photographers right away.  Photographers usually only have 1 or 2 people so you want to book them soon.  You are getting married in a busy wedding season month too.  Family and friends can say things that seem unsupportive, but they are actually just unaware of how much time and energy is needed to plan.  You know yourself and your limits.  Teachers have to have good time management skills.  I would suggest starting with the three big items, Venue, photographer and catering so you feel like those are taken care of.  Just because you start looking does not mean you actually making the decision yet.  I would find the peopel who support you most and get them to rally on your side.  Maybe your Fiance will come around if you bring him to as many appointments as possible – he’ll get the idea.  My Fiance had no idea how many emails I had been sending out to get things done.  When I handed the job over to him he was completely overwhelmed.  We are on the same page now and everything is moving along fine!  Same thing happened with my Maid/Matron of Honor.  She just isn’t from a city so she didn’t get it.  Once she realized a venue I liked was completely booked for two years so started helping a lot more. 

Post # 55
1400 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Im also getting married June 2015.

Dont listen to them… 11 months isn’t THAT long to plan a wedding!! It’s doable for sure but definitely not a “leisurely” thing at this point! ( I’m feeling the crunch, can you tell??)

So far we have: picked the date, venue, booked the venue, decided on colours/theme, bought my dress, chosen a photographer, seamstress, picked the bridal party (finally!!) decided on a menu, and snackies for the later part of the reception (taco bar and then popcorn bar!) got all rings required.

Things we have to do still: pick an officiant, mock up centre pieces (we have an idea but haven’t made a final product), decided on bouqets and all the other flowery stuff, pick some of the important music (again, we have ideas but nothin specific yet) pick groom and bridal party outfits, pick flower girl outfits, decide on bridal jewelry, decide what we’re going to do for the liquor situation, deal with all that is involved with that (purchasing, liquor license, etc), lay out the specific time line for the day, deal with accommodations for out of town family. 

Im sure the “yet to do” list should be longer but that feels like enough to think about for one day! The time goes SO fast. I feel like just yesterday we were saying “oh we have a full year to do this now” and what feels like mere weeks before that we had more than a year and a half. Now: 11 Months to go. And 11 months won’t last that long! 

I feel you on people going “oh you have lots of time” Even my own mother keeps telling me to just “worry about it later” When is later mother?! I am running out of “later” 

It was all fun and games until we got past the one year to go mark. Now it feels like work 😉

The topic ‘Any 2015 Brides begin planning yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors