Post # 1
I’m Maid/Matron of Honor (well actually “Best Woman,” because I despise the word “matron”) in my best friend’s wedding on September 22 this year! I’m organizing the bachelorette party, but it’s totally not traditional at all!
First of all, they’re a lesbian couple, and they have decided to share the bachelorette party because they have more or less the same group of friends.
Second, their bridal party is gender-blind (which I LOVE), so the activities we do at this party can’t be particularly girly.
They are getting married in Jamestown, NY, which is about 2.5 hours away from Niagara Falls. I asked the other members of the bridal party, a few of their friends who they want to invite, as well as my BFF and her fiancee, and everyone is totally on board with the idea. We want to go to the Canadian side because it’s apparently infinitely cooler, so I’ve made sure that everyone either has a passport or knows to get one by then.
There will be about 10-12 people there, and the party will probably be on a Thursday night. Everyone is old enough to drink and/or gamble (at least in Canada, lol!).
I’ve never been to Niagara Falls before, so do you have any suggestions for cool things we could do in that group? We wanted to make it an all-day activity. The only thing BFF cares about is her ability to do cool stuff during the day and drink copiously at night.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I would love any suggestions!
Post # 3
I love Niagara Falls, and go there are often as possible! You’re right, the Canadian side is SO much better. There are technically two distinct waterfalls that comprise the Niagara Falls; the American side, or the Bridal Falls, and the Canadian side, Horseshoe Falls. All the iconic pictures you see of Niagara Falls are of the Horseshoe Falls (yep, you guessed it, in the shape of a horseshoe).
Things to do:
(1) Maid of the Mist. You literally get right up in the basin of the Falls…a few hundred feet from where the water is coming down. You get soaked (they give you a fun little poncho/trash bag to wear), but it’s totally worth going. I’d try to get there as early as possible because, depending on when you go, the lines can get pretty long.
(2) If you’re going to be there at night, check out if they’re doing fireworks over the falls. I know that every weekend night in the summer and all Canadian holidays they light fireworks off right over the falls, and they’re beautiful! The Falls are also lit up at night, so they get really pretty.
(3) Clifton Hill is the main tourist road, filled with junk shops and novelty stores. It’s at least fun to walk up.
(4) The Skylon Tower is pretty cool. It’ll give you this amazing panoramic view of the whole area, and some of my best pictures of the Falls have come from the top of this tower.
(5) The casinos are pretty good. If you are going gambling, I recommend going to Fallsview Casino over Casino Niagara. It’s overall a better casino and it’s newer.
This is what I came up with off the top of my head. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!