(Closed) any april 2013 brides trying to drop some LBS for the big day??

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think it’s great that you already lost 4 pounds.  It’s definitely something that takes a lot of discipline.  =) 

I’m trying to lose weight too, or at least not gain any.  But I doubt it will be possible.  =/ My wedding is next February.   I have always struggled to lose weight because the weight I lose tends to correspond with my mood a whole lot more than what I’m doing.  I think my body just thinks it needs to store absolutely everything when I’m unhappy.  No Joke, I lost about 5 pounds for lying by a pool in cabo for a week.  While I am in school, I would run 5 miles six days a week, with a 1300 calorie diet for about 4 months with no improvement.  I go on vacation for three months with my fiance, ate whatever the heck I wanted, and dropped two sizes.  Went back to school, got back to my old workout/diet routine, no weight loss, BUT no weight gain, so that was a plus.  Then, final exams happened, and I packed on 10 pounds in about a month and a half. (Keep in mind I still ran and dieted)  My friends have tried to tell me that I’m gaining muscle, but I call BS because muscle doesn’t bounce, or jiggle, or spill out over your jeans, haha. I also have rolls on my back I didn’t have  before, sigh. 

Then, due to starting my internship and going to school + obligations at home, I stopped going to the gym and packed on 10 more pounds. so thats 20 pounds in 3 months. I started running again about a few weeksand upped it to 7 miles a day now just to keep the numbers from going up anymore.  My goal right now is to just NOT gain anymore weight caues I know with the end of the semester and bar exam in July, I won’t be able to lose any. All of this is very discouraging but what keeps me going is that  the thought that this is making me healthier in the long run.  =)

Post # 5
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@katie395:  Kudos to you!!! Im also planning on losing sum weight. We just had our 3rd child July of last yr. I did get rid of most of the baby fat by trying to breast feed and walk with her but when the school yr started I got so busy trying to adjust to the school mom life. It really took a toll on me because I planned on my daughter starting Kindergarten but not my son (he had just turned 3 in Aug) enrolling in a special program as well. Also they both go to 2 different schools so its a mess running around. Dont even get me started if my mornings are running late!!! Anyways, with all the stress and tiredness I kinda gained a bit of it back. But I gotta get my rear into gear if I want to look good in a bikini this summer (FI and I are taking our honeymoons before the wedding) and in my dress. I plan on losing about 10-15 lbs and I also gotta get rid of these ugly stretch marks :(. Ive already tried 2 types of creams. If mederma and that other stuff that advertises on tv that starts with a C doesnt work then nothing else will :(. I also suggest that going at a diet with a support buddy will work twice as great than going at it alone. My best friend and also Maid/Matron of Honor is exercising with me. She has 60 lbs to lose as well. I want her to lose weight not for my wedding but for her self esteem. She has a jerk of a baby daddy and I think he just brutalizes her about her weight. She was so beautiful growing up. I used to wish I could be just as beautiful as she is and never imagined she would look like that after having just one child. Now she envys how I look. She’s my sister from another mother and I want her happiness and her old self back. 

Post # 6
342 posts
Helper bee

I made a contract on stickk.com last friday to lose 1.5lbs a week for 16 weeks (20lbs). If I don’t meet my goal every week I have to donate $5/per failed week to my sister (you can pick whoever you want. Even a charity). It’s a good way to keep me motivated.

Post # 9
38 posts
Newbee

April 27, 2013 bride here!  I have a LOT more to lose than anyone I’ve seen on this site.  I originally needed to lose 120.  I have lost 23.5 pounds in about 3 months.  I am using myfitnesspal and working out 4-5 days per week (20-30 min cardio + 20-30 minutes weight lifting).  There isn’t a huge difference in my appearance because I am so heavy and have so much to lose, but it is exciting and I feel great about my progress so far.  96.5 more to go … not necessarily before the wedding but in general.  I am going to weigh in on here once a month to try to keep myself accountable.  All of us April 2013 brides who need to lose should do the same to motivate each other!

Post # 11
788 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m also trying to lose a few lbs… maybe just tighten up a bit? I started last week and am just going hard at the gym with Fiance in the morning before work. I’m down 0.8lbs so far, and am using MyFitnessPal (its AWESOME!) and I find its really helping me stay focused with eating well, even when I have to buy lunch at work.

Good job to everyone that is making the effort, I’m sure its already paying off! I feel more energized, which is probably good considering the amount of work I have to do for this wedding!

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee

I have at least 50 lbs to lose. I lost it once about 6 years ago, but when I lost my job and was less active I gained it back. Ive already lost 25 lbs, but still have the 50 to be at my ideal weight. I havent bought my dress yet as I dont want to spend alot to alter it. So, while Im looking at them, and I think I have found it. I dont want to buy it yet. 

Anyone want to work on losing weight with me?? I realize it would be an online thing, but I think its much easier to lose weight with someone else.

My date is April 13, 2013. Anyone else using that date??

SharonCool

Post # 13
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I am trying to lose about 25lbs, I started doing the insanity workout which was amazing, and I lost 5lbs in about a week but then I got a promotion at work which is great and everything but now with working so much more and pulling later hours I haven’t had time to do the workout, I need to get motivated to get back on that workout because it was amazing, Good luck to everyone, if anyone wants a workout buddy let me know, cuz I seriously need some motivation and Fiance couldn’t last through 1 dvd so he gave up on being my partner πŸ™

Post # 14
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I really need to get a regular schedule going. I hate my face in some of my grad photos… so round! I definitely do not want to be looking at my wedding photos and cringing!

Post # 15
668 posts
Busy bee

I too decided to drop some LBS and I’d rather do it NOW than stress right before the wedding. I started the Dukan Diet back in January 2012 and so far have lost about 40 lbs. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT DUKAN! It has been the easiest diet that I have ever tried (and I’ve tried quite a few). The basics of it are: lean protein, veggies, and oat bran. That’s it at the beginning. You gradually add in fruit and whole grains. It’s great because you don’t have to count calories AT ALL and it really teaches you how to eat normally. It’s cheesy to say, but it’s really become a lifestyle! I went from a solid size 12 and now I’m somewhere between a 6 and an 8 depending on the brand. I AM LOVING IT! I’m actually going to need to get my dress taken in!!! Can’t wait for the honey moon and bathing suits! Never thought I’d say THAT!!!

I’d be happy to answer any questions (and no I was not paid to advertise for Dukan! LOL)

Post # 16
788 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m starting kickboxing today! Coupled with my morning workout routine and just eating well, I’m hoping to at least feel my best on my big day!

The topic ‘any april 2013 brides trying to drop some LBS for the big day??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors